Digital Media Specialist
Digital Media Specialist
Northwestern University is investing in support for innovative and excellent teaching and learning. As part of this investment, Northwestern IT Media and Technology Innovation is looking for a creative, collaborative Digital Media Specialist with an eye for storytelling and post-production to help our faculty members and the broader Northwestern community produce engaging instructional content and scholarly communications.
Alongside team members, you will create a wide range of content: online courses seen by thousands of learners around the world, short-form narratives that illustrate Northwestern research, and production for on-set work and high-profile events. We actively investigate emerging technologies and are currently exploring 360 video and media production for AR/VR environments. Working with faculty, staff, and students across the university, the team has produced work featuring robotics, medical research, humanities, law, and more: https://mti.it.northwestern.edu/portfolio-teams/media-production/
We value an inclusive and collaborative approach to production from planning through delivery, and responsibilities rotate from project to project, giving everyone a chance to be involved in all aspects of production. You will have the ability to take individual initiative while successfully working in a team-oriented environment and demonstrate strong storytelling, producing, directing, and/or editing skills.
Northwestern IT strongly values diversity in all forms. We live our values in our hiring practices and encourage women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Please provide a cover letter and resume. Short-listed candidates may be asked to share samples of work.
- Support faculty in the creation of instructional media for blended, online, and open learning
- Edit story-driven content including promotional, documentary, and tutorial media
- Lead projects from conceptualization to final delivery
- Effectively communicate with clients to develop treatments, scout locations, schedule, and budget projects
- Supervise and mentor part-time student employees and contractors as needed
- 3+ years of professional editing experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Familiarity with modern camera and audio equipment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with people with a wide variety of skill sets and backgrounds
- Comfortable with live and studio environments
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience attending or working for an academic institution
- Experience developing and conducting interviews
- Familiarity with graphic design
- Familiarity with animation and motion graphics
- Audio production experience
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, click here
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.