Performing Arts Series Intern
Job InformationClassification Number900157Classification TitlePerforming Arts Series InternDepartmentArts CenterLevelLevel B (Skilled)Job Description
• Support the Performing Arts Series Society (PASS) donor group including correspondence, benefit maintenance, and special functions. • Develop engagement plans for the PASS scholars (student members) and maintain Facebook page. • Research, develop, and implement the student-initiated “Rothrock Residency;” an annual visiting artist event made possible through donor support. • Assist Series staff with artist residencies; including itinerary management, hospitality, and transport. • Assist Series staff with event management; to include artist support, residency activity oversight, and crowd management. • Assist with online broadcasts and engagement. • Provide general series office support including filing, mailings, copying, etc. • Other duties as assigned.
• 1-2 years in a customer service environment preferred. • Experience in event management preferred. • U.S. Driver’s license required. College 15-passenger van license, or ability to obtain one within 15 days of hire, necessary. • Completion of college’s Crowd Manager training required within 15 days of hire. • Experience with social media and online broadcast platforms
• Performing arts background (dance, theatre, and/or music) essential. Experience in classical music preferred. • Computer proficiency preferred. Must be comfortable with current social media platforms. Mail merge experience a plus. • Knowledge of campus and local community helpful
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends regularly. Ability to adjust work schedule with limited advance notice helpful. • Ability to work with limited supervision, and make thoughtful decisions, helpful. • Ability to work with a variety of personalities, and engage with artists, faculty, staff, patrons, and youth appreciated. • Must be outgoing and have a positive demeanor. • Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. • Must speak English clearly and articulately. • Professional attire required at times.
Fall and Winter terms: On campus presence preferred; but remote work might be possible within the United States.
Spring term: On campus presence requiredPosting NumberSTU00883LocationMiddlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?Academic YearOpen Date07/28/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Fall and Winter term series performances and residencies will all be online. We are hopeful that our spring residencies will be in person/con campus.Quicklink for Postinghttp://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/21223Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is only open to students. Are you a current Middlebury College undergraduate student?
- Are you the recipient of Federal Work Study or College Job as stated on your financial aid award letter?
- Resume/C V
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Additional Document 1