Arts Events Usher
Arts Events UsherDepartment:
Level B (Skilled)Job Description:
- Arrive no later than designated arrival time on sign-up sheet, and report to your House Manager.
- Assist with pre-show checks.
- Assist with setting up refreshment for intermission, if applicable.
- Meet with House Manager to receive your performance assignment and receive performance details and instructions.
- Accept tickets or hand out programs to patrons at the door.
- If reserved seating, guide patrons to their seats.
- Enforce House policies regarding cameras/recording devices, smoking, food/drink, and latecomer seating.
- Be available to assist patrons with questions regarding restrooms, water fountains, phones, coat hooks, box office, café, pre-performance dinners, reception locations and performance running times.
- Assist with management of latecomer seating.
- Assist with intermission needs (refreshments, patron questions, etc.)
- At end of performance, clean performance space of used programs, trash and patron lost & found items; and assist house manager as needed.
- Do not leave until released by House Manager.
Ensure that the lobby, reception areas and audience spaces are prepared to receive the public.? Greet the audience and assist patrons as needed.? Provide for the safety of patrons, the security of the Front of the House and enforce all house policies.
Understanding of performance etiquette preferred. Interest or experience in music, dance or theatre a plus.Posting Number:
Middlebury, VT CampusOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: