Student Organization Coordinator
Student Organization CoordinatorDepartment:
Dean of StudentsLevel:
Level C (Specialist)Job Description:
The Student Activities Offices works with the SGA and student organizations to facilitate inclusive programming on campus that allows students to participate positively in the community. The Student Organization Coordinator works to strengthen the leadership of all organizations by
• Serving as a liaison between student organizations and the Student Activities Office
• Improve communication and resources across organizations with similar themes for increased collaboration
• Providing administrative support for organization’ finances.
• Coaching student org leaders through campus processes such as hosting events, finding funding, etc.
• Provide opportunities for discourse on topics common across organization themes
Working with the Student Activities Office this student position will:
• Support organization treasurers in keeping accurate records and complete paperwork in a timely fashion
• Perform semesterly audits of their organizations (financial, membership, event)
• Work collaboratively with SAO, Events Management, SGAFC and other departments to provide resources to organization leaders as needed
• Process student organization vouchers and invoices on Presence and Oracle
• Work closely with group leaders, SAO staff, and students to produce positive events for the community
• Support SAO staff in organizing and conducting yearly trainings and monthly meetings
• Track student organizations’ registration and requirements
• Serve as a front desk staff member in the Student Activities Office
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion is required
• Demonstrated experience managing student org budgets desired but not required
• Prior leadership and work experience on campus
• Previous experience in a leadership position in a student organization is helpful
• Demonstrated experience organizing and promoting campus programs and events
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to remain organized while balancing multiple priorities and tasks
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Ability to work independently and proactively on projects
• Ability to work with a team and accept direction from supervisors
• Willingness to greet and direct SAO visitors in a friendly professional manner
• Creative thinker and solution-oriented
• Professional etiquette
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Basic computer skills, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Drive
• Knowledge of Presence and 25Live is helpful.
• Basic office skills – photocopying, filing, and answering phones.
• Understanding of the processes involved in student org leadership, management, and budgeting at Middlebury.
• Successful candidate cannot concurrently hold an officer position in an member organization of the board for which they serve as the Coordinator.
• We are hoping to hire a Coordinator for each of the following boards:
•Academic and Publications
•Club Sports and Outdoor Pursuits
•Health, Wellness, and Recreation (HWR)
•Hobby & Special Interest
•Political, Activist, & Debate (PAD)
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: