High School Equivalency Program Coordinator/Instructor-La Junta, CO
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreSince 1976, the BUENO Center for Multicultural Education has been an integral part of the School of Education at the University of Colorado Boulder. The BUENO Center promotes and advocates for equitable education for culturally and linguistically diverse (CLD) learners, families, and the educators that serve them. We believe that equity and social justice advance education and improve lives and communities. To this end, we conduct relevant and timely research focused on bilingual, multicultural, and special education from early childhood through adulthood. We facilitate comprehensive professional learning from GED to Ph.D. as well as professional development opportunities for practitioners and educational leaders. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Administrate program activities of a designated Satellite Training Center according to BUENO HEP objectives.
- Coordinate delivery of the GED curriculum and assume instructing responsibilities for this program component.
- Arrange counseling activities and vocational programs.
- Orchestrate BUENO HEP program components, including field trips, guest speakers, advisory committee meetings, and other activities.
- Organize the placement component of graduating BUENO HEP graduates.
- Act as liaison between the BUENO HEP administrative office and its Respective STC host college.
- Advise the BUENO HPE Director on all program activities.
- Coordinate the recruitment effort for prospective students.
- Facilitate completion of required BUENO HEP paperwork, including monthly reports.
- Collaborate with the HEP Administrative Assistant to maintain current BUENO HEP student files and oversee student eligibility per federal guidelines.
- Liaise BUENO HEP host agency relations; and sub-contractual agreements between BUENO HEP and host agency.
- Assume any other responsibilities assigned.
- This is a 60% FTE position.
- Flexible scheduling (partially remote and partially on-campus).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Authentic. Be Inventive. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bilingual/Biliterate (English and Spanish).
- Prior experience in secondary level instructing or working with adult learners.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in Education, the Arts, and Sciences, or other related fields.
- Experience counseling for adult learners.
- Experience recruiting students for academic programs.
- Knowledge, understanding, and work experience with migrant and seasonal farmworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Experience working in adult education and special needs populations.
- Prefer previous community involvement experience.
- Teaching credential in Adult Education a plus.
- Familiar with Learning Management Systems such as CANVAS and AZTE.
- Familiar with how to conduct video conferences either via Google, Zoom, or WebEx.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by November 1st for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]