About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Campus Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Health Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Full Time-Temporary (Fall Semester 2020) w/possibility for extension
Shift: Monday- Friday 9 a.m. -5 p.m. (may vary)
Regular Days Off: Saturday and Sunday (some weekends may be required)
Supervision Received: The Registered Nurse will report to the Director of Health Services.
Salary: Salary will commensurate with experience and education
General Statement of Duties:
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for triage, assessment, and direct nursing care to students and emergency/first aid to employees. The Registered Nurse will be part of the health care team assisting in daily Department operations. The RN will assist with general clinical patient care as an RN within the scope of practice as defined by Massachusetts State law, under the direction of a registered nurse, nurse practitioner or physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide direct nursing care to students and emergency/first aid to employees.
- Prepare patients for exams, check vital signs, provide specific encounter forms and conduct patient interviews to gather information about the nature of visits.
- Perform telephone triage to evaluate need for in person or Telehealth visit, or need for transport to ED
- Oversee surveillance testing for Covid-19, coordinate with other departments/staff should the need arise for a student to be isolated or quarantined, and follow-up with students in isolation/quarantine.
- Assist with contact tracing efforts on campus.
- Distribute University's Privacy Practices brochure to patients upon initial visit to Department. Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to students and staff health related issues.
- Administer medications and vaccinations as directed by clinicians inclusive of providing vaccine information statements to patients and educating about vaccines.
- Provide informal and formal patient teaching at the time of visits.
- Document nursing care in medical records.
- Assist clinicians as needed/directed. Collaborate with Department Healthcare professionals and provide quality patient care safely and efficiently.
- Perform and administer CLIA-waived lab tests as required.
- Coordinate emergency transport to hospital with the Dept. of Public Safety or City ambulance when necessary.
- Assist in management of medication and medical supplies, and inventory. Restock medications, antibiotics and other supplies in the examination rooms.
- Assist with equipment sterilization as needed.
- Prepare and document Department Daily visit statistics
- Adhere to departmental and institutional policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations.
- Assist and participate in outreach health programming.
- Assist in review, compilation, and maintenance of student and employee health records.
- Assist in data entering for students' immunizations.
- Assist with emailing/contacting students with incomplete health records.
- Assist in preparation of statistics for annual State Immunization report.
- Valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Massachusetts.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Experience in College Health a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills relative to practice in college health.
- Ability to work with professional, non-professional staff and students.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
An on-line application is required. The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected.
NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=123857&CNTRNO=6&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency