2020-21 FWS Student Worker, Assessment and Institutional Research
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-30
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a highly motivated individual who is organized, self-directed, dependable and comfortable working with numbers. You will help collect and learn to analyze data from various sources. We also develop surveys, collect and analyze information and communicate results. You will assist in in the preparations and organization of survey materials and responses. On-the-job training will be provided to help you develop skills and abilities that are highly valued in most modern workplaces.Job Description
The candidate will assist the department of Assessment and Institutional Research with daily operations including:
- Provide assistance with both data management tasks and qualitative work analysis, including data extraction/collection, dataset assembly, data cleaning, transcribing and coding.
- General office tasks (e.g. word processing, copying filing, data entry)
- Pick up and delivery of mail and other items
- Federal Work Study required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong work ethic, exhibited through a solid record of attendance at other jobs.
- Comfort using the Internet for research.
- Competence in dealing with numerical information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to learn new skills.