Medical Assistant and Pharmacy Technician Instructors
Medical Assistant and Pharmacy Technician InstructorsDepartment:
VP Workforce Devl.Posting Number:
Multiple LocationsFull or Part Time:
varies based on courses taughtBasic Function:
NOVA Workforce is seeking experienced instructors/trainers to teach non-credit healthcare courses online and in person skills labs. Instructors need to be local, skills; labs are on campus, didactic will be delivered online. Instructors will prepare students for industry certifications and work readiness.Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide hands-on instruction and practical training to prepare students for certification exams.
• Create instructional materials (course outlines, syllabi, student handouts, hands-on exercises, and training aids).
• Curriculum design and development.
• Assist in class scheduling and program management.
• Must hold current certification associated with class being taught.
• Professional experience using exam objectives in real-world use case scenarios.
• Experience teaching adult learners.
• Experience in curriculum design and development.
• Previous experience in an educational or training setting.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills and classroom/online management skills.
• Ability to communicate complex subjects in a clear and engaging way.
• Ability to work with groups of varying ages, and skills level.
• Ability to use a wide variety of teaching methods to promote learning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work individually as well as on a team.
• Must be a self-starter and innovative thinker.
• Experience teaching hybrid training courses.
06/02/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.Background Check Statement:
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.