Student Support Technician
Student Support TechnicianTracking Code210059 Job Description
The Student Support Technician serves as the first point-of-contact for JCCC student support. This position is responsible for initial triage and assistance in determining the resolution of student issues, escalation of issues to higher level technical support professionals when necessary, and reporting of trends when requests appear to be out of the ordinary. The Student Support Technician will also be directly involved in the JCCC knowledge management process.
1. Technical Support Center Operations – Assists with day-to-day customer support requests and problem resolution needs.
- Provides basic problem resolution and support services for JCCC students at the main office as well as remote sites.
- Utilizes support tools, special access and provided documentation to assist in the support, maintenance and problem resolution for JCCC technologies.
- Participates in the testing and evaluation of new hardware and software technologies as well as implementation of prototypes and proof-of-concept solutions
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Technical Support Center procedural documentation to include knowledge articles.
- Provides feedback impacting student success and customer satisfaction.
- Assists with general front desk reception duties for Information Services.
2. Computer Lab Operations – Assists with day-to-day customer support and requests.
- Assist with Technical Support Center requests in established lab locations.
- Assist with lab operation support needs.
- Must be a JCCC student enrolled in at least 3 credit hours for the current or subsequent spring or fall semester.
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity in Microsoft Office software
- Customer support experience
- Technical writing experience
- Previous experience with a support ticketing system is valuable but not necessary
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time