Director of Inclusion and Cultural Engagement
The director of the Office of Inclusion and Cultural Engagement is responsible for the development and provision of programs and services, which foster success, satisfaction and enhancement of the university experience. Particular emphasis placed on the implementation of a university-wide strategy designed to increase the matriculation, support, retention, and ultimate graduation of students designated as under-represented, enrolled at The University of Southern Mississippi. Additionally, the director will develop and provide programs and services that will support and enhance the academic, social, emotional, and overall success of students designated as under-represented as well as the entire University of Southern Mississippi’s student body.
1. Develop long-range strategic planning and program development, including the assessment of such programs and services, consistent with the mission of USM.
2. Develop programs and services designed to increase the retention, matriculation, and ultimate graduation of students designated as under-represented.
3. Supervise department personnel effectively to ensure that programs and services support the campus-wide strategy and the mission of the department.
4. Manage the outcomes assessment and documentation of ICE success initiatives.
5. Counsel, advise, and consult with students, faculty, and staff individually and collectively to embrace the importance of building an inclusive, appreciative, and welcoming environment.
6. Recruit faculty, staff, and student representatives to present training workshops and seminars.
7. Provide support and guidance to university recognized under-represented students and advocate for students.
8. Responsible for fiscal management of departmental and student organizations’ operating budget including forecasting expenditures and revenues, maintaining records, and linking program objectives and assessment to the annual budget process.
9. Assure that expense and revenue reconciliation are conducted within the Controller’s and Budget Offices guidelines.
10. Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate professional staff and a varying number of student employees.
11. Serve as liaison to academic departments and colleges, faculty, admissions, development, alumni and other institutional constituents.
12. Collaborate and support initiatives within the university’s Division of Student Affairs.
13. Works in collaboration with the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Strategic Initiatives.