Position: Administrative Assistant Location: Three Lakes, WI
Job Id: 533 # of Openings: 1 ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTTHIS IS A PART TIME POSITION - 25 HOURS PER WEEK / 12 MONTHS PER YEAR Vision for Position:The person hired for this role will be a gifted assistant, who has a passion for serving and learning to think similar to how the Executive Director thinks. This role will require a dynamic skill mix of strategic thinking, anticipating needs, problem-solving and facilitating work efficiency. A critical attribute will be someone who maintains keen discernment, professionalism and confidentiality. We’re seeking someone who is comfortable to exercise authority and make decisions within boundaries provided. The goal of this role is to manage functions on behalf of the Executive Director and allow that person to focus time and energy on critical organizational priorities. This is a new role with significant opportunity to contribute to HoneyRock’s strategic priorities and growth in the years to come. Responsibilities:This position is responsible to the Executive Director to fulfill the mission, vision, and commitments of HoneyRock through the management of executive functions and details. This position is a natural fit for someone who is an effective communicator, efficient, organized and decisive. This is a professional, part-time position located in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.Duties:
- Executive Director Assistance:
- Calendar & Work Flow Coordination: Retains full access to Executive Director’s calendar and is familiar enough with work flow and priorities to know when to schedule appointments. General intent is to release the Executive Director’s schedule from detail to allow space for big picture. Remains aware of Executive Director’s priorities, key projects, work flow and assists with scheduling/freeing work time to achieve prioritized projects.
- Email & Phone Management:Has access to Executive Director email, deals with routine items and “junk”, handles or forwards things that others can handle (especially when Executive Director is on vacation, out of office, etc.). Helps organize email, sets auto replies, flags priority items.Makes calls on behalf of Executive Director to arrange appointments, set up event facilities, track RSVPs, etc.
- Boards/Meetings/Travel Coordination: Tracks agendas and prepares materials for meetings that the Executive Director leads. Prepares and distributes agendas and materials to meeting participants in advance of meetings. Attends key meetings to participate, track action items, manage follow-up tasks, write reports and prepare minutes. For an executive assistant, this role often includes serving the board, building relationships with them (e.g. knowing spouse, tracking birthdays, etc.), making travel arrangements, policy management, tracking membership and terms, etc.
- Donor Care Support:Assist Executive Director in appropriately thanking and caring for all the donors of HoneyRock, including thank you informational letters, notes, gifts, cards, and other ideas as needed. Prepare donor packets and presentations for requests as needed. Manage donor data base and communication.
- Event Management: Coordinate Executive Director’s special events including summer Family Days, Camper Check-In/Check-Out at HoneyRock, and donor events/meals. Event coordination includes scheduling activities, staffing responsibilities, donor RSVP lists and welcoming guests.
- Systems:Sets up and maintains electronic and paper file systems, document folders, records, etc. Assures consistent formats and professionalism. Proofreads and able to handle light editing. Maintains written procedures on core functions of self and Executive Director.
- Editing:Provide support in writing and editing books, articles, and presentations.
- Partners Annual Fund Coordination:Provide the strategy, communication, recruitment and thanking the Partners program. Goal is to increase undesignated gift revenue from approximately $85,000 to $200,000 in 2-3 years.
- Office Support: Assist office team to ensure a welcoming office environment for colleagues, constituents and guests of HoneyRock. Meet guest and staff needs as appropriate (e.g. answering phones, sorting mail, etc.).
- Resource: Provide other administrative assistance as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, 4-6 years of administrative experience required.
- Must thrive in high energy, changing environment, demonstrating a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong communication, writing, and decision-making skills, self-motivated, detail-oriented, team player with positive attitude, and an ability to focus on and manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Strong computer competencies including keyboarding, Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and database management. Familiarity with JotForms, Box, etc. a plus.
- Must be willing to sign and uphold non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement upon employment.