Director, Small Business Development Center
Posting DetailsPosting Number: 0000982Job Title: Director, Small Business Development CenterPS Position#: 00000229Position Status: Full-TimeSalary: Starting salary range is based on the Lee College Administrative/Administrative Support Salary Scale, C51. Initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: AdministrativeDepartment:Workforce & Community DevelopmentJob Summary/Basic Function:
Directs and operates the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Lee College. The Lee SBDC is a center of the University of Houston Texas Gulf Coast SBDC Network (UH TGCN). This position reports to the Director of Workforce Development at Lee College and the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Regional Office at the UH TGCN.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide overall management of the SBDC at Lee College in accordance with the established federal, state and local guidelines. Provide business advising and training to small businesses and entrepreneurs in several surrounding counties. Supervise business advisors, an administrative assistant and student workers on a day to day basis.
- Conduct client advising sessions, performing financial, operational and administrative analyses, prepare recommendations that result in positive economic impact. Assistance includes, but is not limited to, analyzing specific business and industry data in finance, marketing, management and operations; human resources and related issues; supporting the development of business plans and financial packages, calculating and interpreting historical and projected financial ratios, preparing pro forma cash flow and financial statements; troubleshooting to identify problems and areas for improvement.
- Provide guidance on expansion such as foreign markets and technology commercialization when needed.
- Develop and facilitate training workshops for area entrepreneurs and businesses.
- Meet and/or exceed annual assigned performance metrics both individually and collectively with the business advisors to meet SBDC goals as set forth in the annual sub-recipient agreement.
- Provide budget development and management, technical and performance reporting as required by Lee College, internal audit and the UH TGCN. Manage client records via specified client tracking system.
- Initiate, build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to include the SBA and its resource partners, Chambers of Commerce, economic development organizations and lenders.
- Coordinate, as appropriate, with faculty to engage students on targeted SBDC client projects.
- Keep records and submit timely reports as required by the College and the UH TGCN regional office.
- Maintain a relevant, efficient resource and information center, collect and accurately report client data.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Lee College SBDC.
- Attend local community events related to small business and all college events related to the center.
Other duties and responsibilities may include, but or not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a grant-funded position. Continuation of the position is based on the continuation of the grant and satisfactory job performance. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree
- Seven (7) years of related work experience in business consulting/advising or direct entrepreneurial experience in launching and operating a small business
- Knowledge of marketing, financing/capital formation, human resources, budgeting/account, strategic planning, and other operational areas necessary to assist clients in starting a business and/or manage a growing business
- Some travel required. Travel is typically confined to the Lee College service area; however, professional development may require participation in conferences or similar activities at locations throughout the state of Texas
- Able to build relationships with private entities, chambers, corporations, entrepreneurial and banking/investment communities
- Able to work independently, with good interpersonal skills
- Display initiative and demonstrate professionalism
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet assigned annual metrics.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, public speaking and training skills required
- Knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite, CRM database knowledge, and industry and market research skills
- This position requires travel within the service area, as well as out of town to attend meetings, training and/or conferences
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Master’s (or higher) degree
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references in the Reference section of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's (or higher) degree?
- * Do you have a Master's (or higher) degree in Business Administration?
- * Do you have seven (7) years of related experience in business consulting/advising or direct entrepreneurial experience in launching and operating a small business?
- * Do you have knowledge of marketing, financing/capital formation, human resources, budgeting/account, strategic planning, and other operational areas necessary to assist clients in starting a business and/or manage a growing business?
- * This position requires travel within the service area, as well as out of town to attend meetings, training and/or conferences. Are you able to travel?
- * Are you available to work evenings and weekends as required?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document