Posting Number: SRGV4555
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide journeyman level skills in the repair, resetting, installation of locking devices and the manufacturing of keys.
Description of Duties:
• Maintains all locks, cabinet and door hardware, metal doors, door frames and automated doors throughout all buildings, including off-campus facilities.
• Makes keys for padlocks, doors, lockers, desks, and cabinets.
• Selects key blanks and cuts and fits keys to locks.
• Changes the combinations and resets locks for more than one key.
• Unlocks locks when keys are lost or broken.
• Cleans, changes, adjusts, services and resets all types of locks and locking equipment.
• Completes work orders to show work done.
• Cleans and oils machines used in locksmith and machine work.
• Rebuilds locks.
• Picks locks, when authorized by Director of Facilities Management and/or Chief of Police.
• May coordinate and/or assist others assigned to preventive maintenance, other renovation or minor construction.
• May supervise other apprentice level technicians and give job assignments as pertaining to lock shop responsibilities.
• Operates sign making machine for door numbering and designations
• Participates in plan reviews for remodel, renovations, and new construction projects.
• Assists in maintaining accurate inventory of locks and keys at all campus facilities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Assignments are received in the form of work orders and verbal directions from supervisor. Work is performed independently or under limited general direction.
May give training and guidance to other locksmith and apprentice positions.
High school graduation or equivalent. Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Vocational school training in lock-smithing.
Preferred: Registration as a licensed locksmith.
Three (3) years of experience of skilled/journeyman level experience as locksmith.
More than the required experience.
Skill in the operation of key cutting machines and various hand tools of the locksmith trade. Carpenter and electrician hand and portable power hand tools and equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposed to usual elements inherent to maintenance and service work. May travel within and outside the immediate area.
Some stooping and bending. May need to use a step ladder in carrying out assignments.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25262
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency