Communications Specialist (7551U), Berkeley Law 9206
Communications Specialist (7551U), Berkeley Law 9206 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 12, 2020
UC Berkeley's School of Law is one of the nation's great centers for legal education, ever exploring and pushing new intellectual boundaries while tackling urgent, real-world issues. The law school is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of students and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national and global import. Currently ranked among the top law schools in the country, the School of Law has ambitious development goals as it looks to continue producing leaders in law, government, and society.
The Advanced Degree Programs office (ADP) recruits, enrolls, and supports international students who have their first degree in law from a foreign country and are seeking an LL.M. (Masters of Law) degree. ADP manages four different tracks of the LL.M. program: the academic year traditional and thesis tracks; the two-summer professional track; and the calendar year, partially online/partially in-residence hybrid option. The application dates and recruiting strategies differ among the tracks, requiring ADP to work year-round to recruit and enroll these students. ADP also runs the J.S.D. program, which is akin to a Ph.D. program for those who have an LL.M. degree. The Communications Specialist (CS) for ADP provides marketing and communications support to ADP's Recruitment and Admissions staff. The CS implements programs and communication strategies for promoting the LL.M. and J.S.D.programs. The target audience is primarily international and consists of law firms, companies, universities, governments, and individual applicants mostly outside the United States.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to creating, editing, testing, updating, and managing communications to prospective students, applicants, admitted students, and enrolled students, using Pardot, Salesforce, and other technologies to maintain communication records. The position also prepares materials, in print and digital form, to implement the ADP recruiting and marketing plan. The position maintains the ADP program website and updates it to reflect ADP developments and events; supports worldwide recruiting with the promotion of in-person and virtual information sessions for prospective students all over the world; communicates with prospective students, applicants, and admitted students information to help them choose Berkeley Law, and apply and onboard successfully; implements social media strategy including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn; interfaces with the Communications Department to coordinate joint projects; runs reports in Salesforce and Pardot to analyze communication, recruiting and admissions data and prepares materials to present results; identifies and resolves communications data and system errors and resolves discrepancies in audiences being targeted for specific communications; assists with other recruiting and admissions data management as needed. This position will report to the Director of Global Outreach and Professional Engagement at ADP.
- Under general supervision, develops and implements basic marketing and communications plans, strategies and events for student recruiting, admissions, and retention, including:
- Prepares, edits, and updates communication materials, including emails, templates, announcements, PowerPoint and Prezi presentations as well as print materials that provide information to all constituencies at all points of their progress from prospective students to admitted/enrolled students;
- Responds to inquiries regarding program requirements, and the admissions and enrollment processes;
- Using Pardot, creates, schedules, and delivers communication and marketing materials based on market segmentation, stage of program interest, application, or enrollment;
- Maintains communication records in Salesforce;
- Provides communication and marketing support to in-person and virtual information sessions for prospective students all over the world;
- Implements social media strategy including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and other platforms;
- Interfaces and partners with the Communications Department to coordinate joint projects;
- Develops and maintains the Advanced Degree Programs website to showcase ADP programs and students.
- Under general supervision, performs data maintenance, reporting, and analysis, and resolves identified issues, including:
- Ensures good customer service through accurate communications; accountable for ensuring technical accuracy, understandability, and correct market segmentation of communications and marketing materials through Pardot;
- Identifies and resolves communications data and system errors and discrepancies;
- Designs and runs reports to identify efficiencies and decrease errors in Pardot communications;
- Assists with other recruiting and admissions data management and analysis as needed.
- Coordinates communications within ADP to ensure that all members of the ADP team are aware of events and program developments; coordinates communication between ADP and the wider law school and campus community relating to events and program developments.
- Coordinates advertising placements and schedules and liaises with outside vendors including graphic designers, video editors, and printers.
- Creates/maintains marketing and communication files, Pardot and Salesforce records, calendars, logs, and other related documents.
- Solid knowledge of marketing and communications principles, concepts, strategies and best practices.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including sound judgment, tact, and political acumen to establish and maintain good working relationships and effectively represent Berkeley Law and the Advanced Degree Program.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills, including sound judgment and decision-making skills and skill to correctly identifying real and potential problems, advising management as required, and proposing effective strategic resolutions.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with excellent editing and proofreading ability.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work independently and as a productive member of a team.
- Proficiency and experience with social media tools with solid understanding of the social media universe including but not limited to; Facebook, Linked In, Google +, Tumblr, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Flickr, Forums, Wikis and blogs.
- Proficient in content management and the use of content management systems, and fundamental Internet technologies such as HTML and CSS.
- Ability to use high-level of discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to learn new systems.
- Good customer service skills; ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all constituents and stakeholders at different organizational levels.
- Experience providing support for marketing and communications initiatives and/or activities.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of the campus including its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives, and infrastructure or the ability to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Pardot systems.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full time (M-F; 40 hours/week) non-exempt, biweekly paid position. Hourly pay range is $27.82-$30.54, commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=9206&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency