Human Resources Manager
Posting DetailsPosition TitleHuman Resources ManagerPosting NumberSta00596Recruitment TypeExternal - Open to All ApplicantsEmployment TypeFull-TimeBenefits Available YesNature of Work
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with Assistant Vice President of Human Resources & Auxiliary Services. This position provides counsel and advice regarding a wide-range of human resource issues such as benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. Some travel is required.Essential Duties
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assists in the coordination and recruitment process of employees. Includes participating in selection committees and support of the selection process.
- Coordinates the orientation of new employees and the termination of persons leaving employment.
- Manage all aspects of employee wellbeing and benefits program including leave administration and retirement counsel.
- Participate in planning, executing and managing HR projects and initiatives.
- Manage a variety of HRIS/HCM functions which may include data analysis, validation and data entry. Extracts data to respond to ad-hoc requests and reports.
- Assist AVP of HR in developing organization strategies by identifying and researching human resource issues and best practices: contribute information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction: Also assist in aligning human resource operations, programs and services to meet organization objectives.
- Assists the AVP with employee relations and performance evaluation processes as directed.
- May serves as the institution’s TAP Coordinator, approves or denies employee requests for tuition assistance and maintains records of employee participation.
- Prepare, disseminate and/or deliver a variety of reports, communications, workshops, information sessions and/or training.
- Provide reporting and data management by tracking and analyzing key metrics to enhance and support HR service delivery
- Some travel is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in human resource function with experience in employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws which govern employment and benefits practices.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and standard operating practices of human resources administration.
- Knowledge of recruitment, retention and professional development strategies.
- High level of proficiency with MicroSoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and dealing with frequent change or unexpected events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to satisfactorily pass an MVR background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management
- University or College Human Resource work experience
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.CCGA Information
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date07/29/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the United States?
- * Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?
- * How many years of relevant experience do you have at the college or university level?
- * Do you possess a current driver's license?
- Cover Letter