Saturday Enrichment Program Lead Teacher--Remote (Staff Wage & Grad Student Wage)
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-29
The Saturday and Summer Enrichment Program at the Curry School of Education is looking for Lead Teachers for its remote/online Saturday program in Charlottesville, VA. The program lasts over six consecutive Saturdays from October 3, 2020 through November 7, 2020. You will attend an orientation (via Zoom), write a mini-unit curriculum, and teach classes remotely to students in grades 5th through 10th. Course proposals are required as part of the application, and courses can be in almost any subject, including, but not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Experience teaching or performing the discipline or craft in the content area of the course being taught
- Ability to work with and support students from diverse backgrounds is required.
- Experience teaching K-12 school age children in a classroom setting or experience teaching at the university level
- Knowledge of curriculum development and classroom management
UVA Graduate students are eligible for this position.
Please thoughtfully complete all the questions for this application in their entirety. Helpful Hints for Course Proposals:
- SEP seeks classes that are not found in the "regular" education coursework, and that extend learning. If you wish to teach a more traditional topic (culture classes, astronomy, etc.), find a twist or a new lens for engaging learners with this topic.
- STEM classes are always in high demand. Could you integrate any of these areas into your course at some point?
- SEP values active and authentic learning. Our curriculum focuses less on "content coverage" and more on in-depth analysis of a topic and engaging these learners with key ideas and principles from various disciplines and fields.
- NOTE: This is only a proposal. We just want to find out about your initial ideas - full curriculum development will come later.
This is a wage position which is not eligible for leave or other benefits and is limited to 1500 hours of work in a year. For more information, refer to the Wage Employment link: http://uvapolicy.virginia.edu/policy/HRM-029.
To apply, please submit an application online through Workday at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs and attach a current CV/Resume. Search on requisition number: R0016972.
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs”, and search for R0016972. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume.
The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require education verification. (FSAKA)
Questions related to the application process may be directed to Jen Krahn, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.