2020-21 Athletic and Recreation Student Worker
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-28
Job Description SummaryAssist in various areas of the Athletic and Recreation Departments including athletic training room, administrative offices, athletic communications, athletic marketing and promotions, game day operations, intramurals, recreation and the fitness center.Job Description
Duties and Tasks:
The Athletic and Recreation Department Student Worker would perform such duties listed below, but are not limited to:
- Doing Laundry
- Supplying Ice/water at athletic events
- Greeting visitors and build relationships with patrons and members of the Saint Leo community, answering phones, scanning and filing files
- Picking up and sorting mail from mailroom
- Assist with game-day operations (tickets, concessions, set up/tear down before and after events)
- Assist the Athletic Communications staff with events (setting up printers, computers), as well as, updating the website (www.saintleolions.com), help with writing news releases and event recaps, webcast, graphics for website and social media, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication teams on the creation of game day promotional advertisements, sponsor fulfillment packages, and special event advertisements on social media, print, Channel 96.
- Assist with developing unique video content
- Fan engagement
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the Fitness Center and its equipment
- Check Saint Leo IDs and membership cards of people using our facilities. Understanding of the Check I’m Here System and assist people with buying memberships
- Knowledge of operational policies and procedures for all of the Saint Leo Athletic and Recreational Facilities
- Instruct group exercise classes for Saint Leo students, faculty, and staff. Instructors will assist members with equipment set up and help with the class routines, creating a safe, fun environment
- Assess emergency situations and provide the proper procedure
- Knowledge of and the ability to fairly enforce rules for various intramural sports leagues/tournaments
- Promote exciting activities to foster the continued growth of the Recreation program
- Assist with the development and promotion of recreational programming (create advertisements, social media, take photos, giveaways)
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Students with Federal Work-Study are preferable, but Non-Federal Work-Study students are encouraged to apply as well. You do not have to have all qualifications in order to apply:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of using audio and video equipment (microphones, soundboards, cameras, cables, etc.)
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Can shoot and creatively edit video
- Premier Pro or other video editing software
- File Management and conversions
- Dependable, ability to prioritize and organize, multi-task, creative thinker, outgoing, reliable, punctual, willingness and ability to take charge
- Work well with others in individual and group setting
- Previous knowledge, training, or experience is preferred but not required
- Some lifting of objects up to 50lbs, as well as, bending and reaching may be required in some positions
- Exposure to sun and heat for long periods of time in some positions
- Ability to balance many tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time and stress for self and others.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.