Assistant Professor Cosmetology
Assistant Professor CosmetologyTracking Code210055 Job Description
JCCC is searching to fill our open Assistant Professor, Cosmetology position. The selected candidate will teach nail and cosmetology related curriculum at West Park Center. These programs prepare students to take the Kansas Board of Cosmetology examination for licensure. The instructor will be responsible for all instructional duties as listed under the Master Agreement. The instructor will serve as Nail Technology Program Facilitator. The selected candidate must be hold a current Kansas Instructors license and either a Nail Technology or Cosmetology Practitioners license. (Additional advanced training in nail technology is required if licensed in cosmetology.)
After initial interview, selected applicants will be required to conduct class in both theory and demonstration of a chosen subject.
A resume, cover letter, current Practitioners License and Kansas Instructors Licence are required for consideration. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Required Skills
- Associate Degree in any field
- Kansas Board of Cosmetology License & Instructor Training License in the appropriate field of study: Cosmetology, Esthetics, or Manicurist
- Accurate knowledge of nail technology theories and practices
- Ability to communicate subject matter to students
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with peers
- Ability to contribute to the development of instruction materials
- Ability to perform all practical services covered for nail technology license
- Display an ability to interpret and evaluate theories in the field or discipline
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to prepare, distribute and submit syllabi and approved course outlines for all sections in accordance with program and divisional policies
- Ability to maintain student records
- Ability to properly evaluate student learning
- Ability to employ available instruction technology when appropriate
- Salon experience
- Minimum of one year teaching experience
- Salon experience in nail technology practices
- Teaching experience in both theory and practical
- More than one year experience
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular