Coordinator, Academic Advising & Partnerships
Position: Coordinator, Academic Advising & Partnerships Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 546 # of Openings: 1 Wheaton CollegeAcademic AffairsSchool of Mission, Ministry, and LeadershipCoordinator, MML Academic Advising & Partnerships SummaryReporting to the Associate Dean of the School of Mission, Ministry, and Leadership, the Coordinator of MML Academic Advising & Partnerships coordinates with the MML Dean, Associate Dean, and the Director of Graduate Admissions to develop partnerships with outside organizations to grow the MML academic programs. The Coordinator will oversee all aspects of partnership development from initial interest through student recruitment to eventual graduation and would actively be involved in developing and advising multiple cohorts of students to enroll, matriculate, and graduate from the program. The retention of students from partnerships will also be part of the responsibility. This person will maintain relationships with existing partners and leads regular assessments of partnerships. Some travel may be necessary to develop new partnerships and maintain existing ones. Responsibilities & Duties
- Models the Statement of Faith and Community Covenant with colleagues, faculty, staff, students, and appropriate external constituencies. Develop and Implement Strategy:
- In association with the Dean, Associate Dean, and Manager of MML Graduate Academic Advising, will develop and implement an overarching vision and strategy for growing MML programs through partnerships.
- Design and implement plans for strategic partnerships initiatives with churches, denominations, parachurch ministries, and mission organizations.
- Identify partnership opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their positions in the industry through research and analysis.
- Develop relationships within Partner organization to help market and generate inquiries for MML programs from their members.
- Work with Program Directors and Faculty to identify potential partners from their networks or professional connections and enlist their help in recruiting partnerships.
- Coordinate partnership creation process from initial identification through implementation.
- Collaborate with the Graduate Admissions staff through the Director of Graduate Admissions to ensure partnership members are being processed as per partner agreements.
- Collaborate with the Program Director for any program tailoring needed for each partner.
- Collaborate with the Manager of MML Graduate Academic Advising on serving the needs of the students who are from partner entities, particularly ensuring they receive academic guidance, and other student support during their time in the program.
- Work with the Program Director, Manager of MML Graduate Academic Advising, and Office Coordinators to plan curriculum flow and degree scheduling for partnership cohorts.
- Serve as Academic Advisor of record for assigned graduate students in MML Graduate Programs providing them with academic guidance, connection with Wheaton Student support departments, and spiritual support during their time in the program.
- Utilize the college SIS system (Banner) and various other college software programs to advise assigned MML graduate students regarding their graduation progression, program requirements, and transfer credit options.
- Make professional judgments and assessments based on experience, policy and procedure for students and faculty regarding academic policy and advocacy issues.
- Make effective use of scheduling software, as well as time and caseload management techniques.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with existing partnership by providing support, information, and guidance.
- Ensure quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Conduct a regular review of existing partnerships to assess the status of existing relationships and potential for further growth.
- Compose partnership agreements. Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all agreements and implementation plans meet federal requirements and HLC guidelines.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean on all necessary program and curricular changes related to a partnership.
- Coordinate communication and services of the various college systems and departments that are needed to service the partnerships such as Marketing, Admissions, Financial Aid, Academic and Institutional Technology, etc.
- Prepare regular lead/lag measure reports and track effectiveness of the partnership funnel.
- Identify program improvements or new program possibilities by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors’ offerings.
- Master’s Degree in a field aligned with MML, Doctorate preferred.
- Awareness of the evangelical tradition
- Leadership and project management experience. Strong team orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; experience leading groups and managing meetings.
Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact professionally with a variety of constituents.
- High capacity individual with a strategic orientation and ability to implement projects, manage organizational processes and other administrative details; works autonomously with independent judgement.