Athletic Training Intern
Posting DetailsClassification TitlePosition CategoryWorking TitleAthletic Training InternJob Summary
The Athletic Training Intern assists the Lead Athletic Trainer and Athletic Trainers with the oversight and delivery of sports medicine coverage, services, and injury care at Savannah State University for non-revenue sports. Duties include prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to student-athletes participating in Savannah State University’s Intercollegiate Athletic program. In addition, duties will include maintaining medical records, traveling with specific teams, coverage of specific practices and home contests.
The successful candidate:
• Evaluates, treats, and rehabilitates student athletes as well as administers physician prescribed treatments to injured student athletes.
• Maintains inventory of all supplies and completes purchase requests to replenish stock.
• Maintains accurate records on student athletes.
• Attends scheduled team practices and competitions which includes all home and away events for contracted covered sports.
• Follows the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA) Code of Ethics and stays abreast of all state and national requirements for license renewal.
• Assists with the maintenance of training room equipment and performs safety inspections.
• Provides necessary feedback to head coaches regarding a student athlete’s medical condition using HIPAA compliant reports from the Athletic Trainer System (ATS).
• Adheres to NCAA and Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC) rules and regulations as they apply to student athletes and Sports Medicine.
• Bachelor’s degree required from CAATE accredited institution.
• Certification from the National Athletic Trainers Association.
• Meet qualification for athletic training licensure in the state of Georgia.
• Must have knowledge of NCAA By-Laws.
• Must provide proof of being CPR/First Aid/AED certification prior to start day.
• Background and/or credit check may be required.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online and submit cover letter, resume, transcript and contact information for references (3).
Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure consideration, apply by August 10, 2020.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have Bachelor’s degree required from CAATE accredited institution?
- * Are you certified by the National Athletic Trainers Association?
- * Are you able to provide proof of being CPR/First Aid/AED certified prior to start day?
- * Do you meet the qualifications for athletic training licensure in the state of Georgia?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document