Alumni Manager, 10,000 Small Businesses Grant
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAlumni Manager, 10,000 Small Businesses GrantRequisition NumberSCA00401General Description
Under the direction of Executive Director, the Alumni Manager supports the College’s 10KSB program by furthering the growth potential of program alumni through social media activities, specialized programming, and targeted awards and promotions for the Philadelphia alumni. As part of a grant funded training program dedicated to job creation and revenue growth for small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Alumni Manager is responsible for creating a robust alumni community and supporting graduated program participants (“scholars”) to continue to achieve revenue and job growth while assisting the department in driving visibility and interest in the program. This position develops and implements engagement activities to include value-added, continuous learning opportunities and support services, as well as educational programming, business training, workshops, networking, and capital acquisition strategies. The Alumni Manager is also responsible for the site’s measurement and evaluation (M&E) systems, analysis and tracking, and the utilization of key metrics used to assess the progress of alumni post-graduation.
This is a temporary grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.Specific Responsibilities
• Assume the lead responsibility for the multi-faceted system of data collection and reporting on alumni as required by the funder.
• Assume lead responsibility for planning, orchestrating and when appropriate, facilitating One Year Later, the Babson designed Alumni clinics and the locally designed alumni clinics and events.
• Serve as the main liaison to 10KSB graduates for communication, engagement, data collection, and responsiveness to Goldman Sachs Foundation requests.
• In conjunction with the director of Partnerships and Outreach, manage the local communication system with alumni in partnership with the national alumni program with a heavy emphasis on driving the use of the Goldman Sachs 10KSB Alumni App, working toward full engagement of the alumni community, monitoring for appropriateness and providing support to alumni, as needed and appropriate. Work to support scholars and alumni across sites and across industries.
• Manage Philadelphia site’s data collection and reporting through the Goldman Sachs 10KSB system for administrating the follow-up business diagnostics (M&E) for program graduates.
• Collaborate with the broader program team to plan, organize and coordinate and facilitate/teach Babson required and site specific alumni workshops and events.
• Engage with program alumni, including individual relationship-building and participation in alumni organized events.
• Draw upon alumni as ambassadors of the program, participants on panels and in clinics, and as referral sources for future cohorts in support of ongoing recruitment and outreach efforts.
• Support program recruitment via alumni referral follow-up.
• Present the Alumni Program to each cohort at the appropriate modules.
• Facilitate Alumni Clinics; make all related arrangements, recruit participants; present the program.
• Support alumni business growth plan/strategy and direct alumni to appropriate sources of capital acquisition and other supports as needed.
• Promote and monitor the use of the alumni app; posting 10KSB activities and programs.
• Take a lead role in managing the program’s social media channels, developing a semi- annual social media plan.
• Network with small business resources to enhance the local entrepreneurship community and to advance program recruitment.
• Assume the lead role for nominating scholars for regional and national awards.
• Participate in pre-briefs, walk-throughs and debriefings of program modules with the team as appropriate.
• Represent the College and the 10KSB program at external business oriented events, as directed by the Executive Director.
• Work closely with the Director of Partnerships and Outreach to promote the program, connecting to alumni to host events for recruitment purposes; and provide 10KSB Information Sessions, when needed.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other Workforce and Economic Innovation units on employer engagement activities.
• Other duties as needed to support program success.Minimum Qualifications
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in small business training, consulting, or ownership required.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
•Knowledge of the Philadelphia region small business and economic development landscape.
• Understanding of traditional and non-traditional capital acquisition resources/strategies affiliated with small business growth and expansion.
• Expertise in the use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and other social media for communication and program promotion essential.
• Knowledge and understanding of the comprehensive community college mission.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Excellent planning skills and organizational skills essential.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a structured environment of reporting.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with alumni, broader program team, and local community partners required.
• Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and effective problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to work early mornings and evenings, as needed, is required.
• Ability to work effectively with the program team and alumni, external community and program partners.
• Ability to travel within the region to attend meetings and events with alumni.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business-related area preferred.
• Advanced degree in business or related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience teaching or facilitating educational business programs preferred.
• Experience with conceiving, planning, driving interest, and executing workshops and activities preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on July 28, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank3Salary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date07/07/2020Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in small business training, consulting, or ownership?
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Is your Bachelor's degree in a business related area?
- * Do you have an advanced degree in business or related field?
- * Do you have experience with conceiving, planning, driving interest, and executing workshops and activities?
- * Do you have expertise in the use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and other social media for communication and program promotion?
- * Do you have the ability to travel within the region to attend meetings and events with alumni?
- * Do you have a valid current driver's license?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application