Recruitment & Orientation Events Research Analyst Intern
Job Title: Recruitment & Orientation Events Research Analyst Intern
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 219731
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Job Summary THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Events Research Analyst to intern with our team and provide creative ideas to refresh our events. The Events Research Analyst will assist our event manager and coordinator on a variety of projects within the Office of Recruitment and Admissions Welcome Center and Orientation Division. The position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support for assigned research, analyzation, and event projects. The goal is to provide feedback and best practices to enhance our current programs.
The primary role of this position is to focus on specific research and event projects on the Events Calendar of the Admissions and Welcome Center. This role provides an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a 'customer-first' approach. This internship will be beneficial in utilizing research, analyzation, and coordination skills and preparation for entrance into future fast-paced work environments.Responsibilities
- Review current event possess and logistics.
- Research higher education institution recruitment and orientation events; attend at least two (2)
- Compare and contract purpose, audience, attendees, attendance, set-up, event flow, execution, breakdown and debriefing processes
- Make recommendations to CSU calendared events for the next semester.
- Assist with all aspects of planning and implementation of Admissions events and Orientation for the semester.
- Assist with providing quality customer service in person, via emails, and phone communication.
- Edit and assist with event and orientation schedules and programming.
- Research the newest trends for student events and social media.
- All other duties as assigned
- Interest in college student development and programs in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must enjoy working with students and guests from all backgrounds.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Capable of completing projects without supervision.
- Professionally and accurately represent Clayton State University faculty, staff, administration, and students.
- Must be available for various events and sponsored office activities.
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills as well as a positive attitude and strong work ethic to perform all responsibilities in a punctual, reliable, and conscientious manner.
- Be dependable, responsible, and exhibit professionalism and good judgment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn as well as an ability to share learned knowledge.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.