Federal Work Study - Financial Aid
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Financial Aid Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
This position will clerical assistance to the Processing Team in Financial Aid to include answering phones, email, managing incoming and outgoing mail/ documents, prepping documents for review and other duties as assigned.
- Answer phones and direct callers to appropriate staff member.
- Assist in answering departmental email
- Administrative support such as making copies, faxing, data entry
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and documents
- Prepare documents for review by Processors
- Assist with special projectsBack up to the Financial Aid Triage Team in assisting student at the computer banks
- Must have a Federal Work-Study award and be in good academic standing
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours and be able to handle confidential information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Willingness to learn new skills to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to take direction from multiple sources.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Work Hours:Up to 25 hours per week Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt