Part-Time Clinical Instructor, Speech-Language Pathology (Evergreen)
Posting DetailsTitlePart-Time Clinical Instructor, Speech-Language Pathology (Evergreen)CampusStocktonDepartmentSpeech Language Pathology Posting NumberF00320Full or Part TimePart TimeOpen Date07/24/2020Close Date06/30/2021Open Until FilledYesDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The School of Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific invites applications for a part-time, non-tenure track position as a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology.Basic Qualifications
• Provide supervision for a total of 1-5 hours per day (depending on your contract), typically supervising two student clinicians per hour. Occasionally a clinical instructor may be assigned three student clinicians per hour
• Provide each student clinician with a minimum of 25% direct supervision. However, our expectation is for greater direct supervision as needed to meet the needs of the particular student clinician and/or client
• Complete semester supervision log to document supervision time for ASHA accreditation requirements. Must submit written log to the clinic director and/or office manager on the last day of the semester
• Provide written feedback towards clinical reports and observational assignments
•Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written modalities
•Annual HIPAA training
•Annual sexual harassment prevention training
•Criminal background check
•Livescan fingerprinting as required
•Requires extended periods of sitting and standing, bending and stooping, and occasional walking.
•Work is primarily performed in a standard clinic environment.
Applicants will be required to upload a curriculum vitae/resume to their online application.
Pacific is an Equal Opportunity employer, encouraging excellence through diversity.
Applicants who are selected as final candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.Contact Information
For more information regarding positions at our children’s clinic, contact Professor Nicholaus Brock, at [email protected] or (209) 946-3156.
For information regarding positions at our adult clinic, contact Professor Benjamin Reece, at [email protected] or (209) 946-3969.Contact EmailAre Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?NoMinimum Number of ReferencesMaximum Number of ReferencesBackground Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application