Journalism Adjunct Professor
Journalism Adjunct ProfessorDivision:
College of Arts and SciencesDepartment:
La Verne Central CampusJob Description:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
The Journalism program in the Department of Communications at the University of La Verne (30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles) has an immediate opening for a part-time adjunct professor to teach Journalism 100 – News Reporting – in the Fall 2020 Semester, which begins on August 31st.
The course is scheduled for 3:30-6:40 p.m. on Wednesdays, and it will be taught live in person (or “hybrid” in person and online) or remotely if required by state or county mandates.
Under the direction of the Program Chair:
Develop and Maintain Syllabus Materials: The adjunct professor is responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or online discussion exercises.
Facilitate Class Instruction: The adjunct professor is responsible for teaching the assigned course in accordance with learning objectives and session plan outlines.
Evaluate Student Performance: The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of student performance based on course deliverables and course rubrics. All course grades will be posted on the Blackboard Grade Center.Required Qualifications:
- Master’s degree and teaching experience.
- Metro/hard news reporting and editing experience at regional and/or national news outlets.
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting Number:
AF034PJob Open Date:
07/24/2020Open Until Filled: