Clinical Assistant Professor - Leadership Teaching and Outreach
Posting DetailsJob TitleClinical Assistant Professor - Leadership Teaching and OutreachJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by August 24, 2020. Second consideration may be given to applications received by September 23, 2020. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (September 23, 2020) may not be given full consideration.
Position is full time, calendar year, limited to 06-18-2022, with anticipated renewal.
The College of the Environment and Life Sciences at the University of Rhode Island invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) position in Leadership for 4-H and volunteer-based programs. Academic department assignment is contingent on background of successful candidate.
Appointment (Fall 2020).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teach three undergraduate and/or graduate courses per year in areas related to food, agriculture and natural resources leadership. Supervise students in experiential learning.
Direct Rhode Island’s 4-H Program, managing staff, volunteers, grant writing and budget. Share best practices and develop approaches for volunteer recruitment, development and retention with other Cooperative Extension volunteer-based programs such as Master Gardener and Watershed Watch.
1. Earned doctorate by time of appointment (Fall 2020).
2. Demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with diverse groups/populations.
3. Demonstrated experience in teaching course(s) at a college or university.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of the science of adult learning and volunteerism.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
1. Demonstrated experience in teaching course(s) in food, agriculture or natural resources leadership at a college or university.
2. Demonstrated experience developing and writing grant proposals.
3. Demonstrated ability to evaluate data and publish results in grant reports or scholarly publications.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Calendar Year, Full-time, Limited, Non-tenure-trackEnd Date of Restriction or LimitationDepartmentCooperative Extension Admin.Contact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationKingstonGrant FundedExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter addressing the qualifications for the position.
(#2) Curriculum vitae.
(#3) One page description of your teaching philosophy.
(#4) “Other Document” – One page
description of your vision for enhancing the effectiveness of volunteer-based Cooperative Extension programs.
(#5) “Other” – names and contact information of three professional references.Position Number109504Posting NumberF00208Posting Date07/23/2020Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7316Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have or will have an earned doctorate by time of appointment (Fall 2020)?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience with and commitment to working with diverse groups/populations?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience in teaching course(s) at a college or university?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of the science of adult learning and volunteerism?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in oral communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary team?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral