Work Study Student Career Services
Job Title: Work Study Student Career Services
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 219635
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Job Summary
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
This position is a Federal Government funded support position which includes, assistance on special projects and events, as well as general office duties and routine functions. Work closely with all office personnel, reports directly to the Administrative Assistant.Responsibilities
- Greet students, faculty, employers, and visitors to the Office and provides assistance and information on available services.
- Answer telephone and provide routine information pertaining to Career Exploration, Internships, Job Search, and resumes as well as direct calls to the appropriate person or extension.
- Competent in the operation and use of office equipment such as computers, printers, fax machine, and copy machine. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in the use of power point.
- Provide support to the Administrative Assistant on various projects and events including mailing and compilation of evaluations.
- Assist staff with office related workshops and events including marketing on Main Street.
- Perform general office functions for office personnel including faxing, and copying.
- Provide support to Director and other office staff as needed.
- Currently a Clayton State University student.Laker ID.Resume approved by Career Services. This is a requirement prior to applying for student positions.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.