Work Study Student Office of Recruitment & Admissions
Job Title: Work Study Student Office of Recruitment & Admissions
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 219716
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.Responsibilities
• Interact professionally among students, colleagues, administrators, and visitors to Clayton State’s Office of Recruitment & Admissions office and refer them to the appropriate people or places.
• Answers questions pertaining to the Admissions area, academic policies, and students’ and/or parents’ concerns.
• General administrative duties including inputting data, looking up reservation information, typing and/ or editing correspondence and publication, and filing. Basic knowledge of word processing software and computers required.
• Act as a responsible member of the program; express opinions for improvement as appropriate and follow through with administration’s goals and programmatic decisions. Work professionally as part of a team and on individual projects.
• Conduct campus tours and assist with Admissions events.
• Other duties as assigned
• Must remain in good academic and judicial standing with University during tenure in the position, not violate the Student Code of Conduct, and conduct oneself in an appropriate manner as is reflected by the Student Code of
Conduct both in person and electronically via the Internet (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Be able to work a flexible schedule
• Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA
• Must be Federal Work Study eligible
• Must be team oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Ensure each student receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every student, maintaining outstanding standards, and all other aspects of customer service
• Exhibit a commitment to the mission and vision of the Office of Recruitment & Admissions
• Possess enthusiasm for and have basic knowledge about Clayton State University
• Professionally and accurately represent Clayton State University faculty, administration, staff, and students
• Must demonstrate good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills as well as a positive attitude and strong work ethic to perform all responsibilities in a punctual, reliable and conscientious manner
• Be dependable, responsible, and exhibit professionalism and good judgment
• Exercise mature judgment, good humor, positive attitude, flexibility and patience
• Assist students and family members in a variety of ways with patience, concern, and openness
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.