Director of Health Services and Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Department:: Health Services
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Jul 22, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 2536
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the campus health center; provide direct medical care; respond to medical emergencies as required.
Hire, train and develop administrative and medical staff.
Work in close collaboration with other departments engaged in health-related activities including athletics/athletic trainers; the campus wellness program; the coordination of the campus disaster/emergency preparedness plan and the crisis management/behavioral intervention team.
Ensure that all policies, protocols, and procedures reflect high impact practices in student health.
Enhance relations with parents, social agencies, and community health providers in order to expedite comprehensive cost-effective care for the students.
Serve as a senior member of the Student Affairs Leadership Team with shared responsibility for division-wide strategic planning and assessment activities.
Direct the preparation and maintenance of detailed and comprehensive reports, records and files regarding compliance, programs, operations, and activities.
Develop and prepare the annual budgets for assigned programs; monitor and control budget expenditures.
- Required Degree(s): Successful completion of Nurse Practitioner program (Adult or Family) or Physician Assistant Program. Must hold a Master's Degree.
- Required Field of Expertise: Minimum of five years post-certification or post-licensure medical practice required.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Experience working in a college student health environment.
- Required Training/Cert: Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant by a nationally recognized organization.
- Required Licensure(s): Current license as a Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Massachusetts and Massachusetts prescriptive privileges are required.
- Experience with college student health and knowledge of budget management and planning are important parts of the position.
- Strong supervisory and decision making skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student body from a variety of backgrounds and socio-economic experiences
This is a full-time, 11-month (July through May), exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional on-call hours and pre-scheduled evening and weekend event work are required along with attending new student orientation dates during the summer months.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.