Sustainability InternTracking Code210042 Job Description
- Perform manual work necessary to support the recycling, compost, and other waste diversion programs
- Implement, coordinate, and monitor waste management and recycling programs
- Make daily scheduled waste, recycling and food/compost pick-ups
- Assist with recycling construction and demolition waste as well as locating recycling vendors for this waste stream
- Make deliveries as needed to the local recycle and compost centers
- Under the supervision of the Sustainability Project Manager, coordinate and monitor recycling, and diversion programs, while assisting with the development procedures for the recycling collection
- Contribute to the college's commitment to safety by using safe work habits, using ergonomics and proper lifting
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service, with a positive attitude
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Hardworking, detail-orientated, focused and enthusiastic
- Current JCCC student
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record to be insurable on the College's insurance
- Ability to communicate and report effectively to supervisor
- Ability to work with all campus constituencies including faculty, staff, students, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to conduct duties in a pleasant, discreet and professional manner
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Frequent walking is required
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 150 pounds with the use of designated moving equipment and/or other assistance
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.Job Location Overland Park, Kansas, United StatesPosition TypeTemporary