Adjunct Faculty - Master of Arts: Teaching with the Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Program
Posting DetailsPosition TitleAdjunct Faculty - Master of Arts: Teaching with the Multiple Subject Teaching Credential ProgramDivisionProvostMajor DepartmentLeFetra College of EducationDepartmentEducation DepartmentLocationLa Verne Central CampusJob Description
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
University of La Verne’s La Fetra College of Education invites applications for adjunct teaching opportunities.
Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the leaning of K-12 students.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply.
- Teach graduate-level courses (online and hybrid modalities) according to La Fetra College of Education guidelines.
- Use effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
- Attend faculty development workshops.
- Earned master’s degree in Education, Reading, Curriculum & Instruction, or related field
- A valid California Clear Multiple Subject Teaching Credential with an English Learner Authorization
- Experience working with diverse student populations including English Learners
- At least three years of successful elementary or middle school teaching experience
- Experience in teaching and/or working with adult learners
- Doctorate in Education or related field
- Teaching experience in an urban setting
- Experience with online instruction
Below is a list of benefits and perks offered to Adjunct Faculty:
- Benefit Hub (discount perks)
- Free Parking
- Adjunct Faculty Development Funds
- Staff discounted lunches at the Spot
- 10% off discount at the University of La Verne Bookstore and Graphics
- Tuition Remission (Senior Adjuncts)
- Contribution Retirement Plan (must meet hours) for Mandatory – Voluntary Contribution at anytime
- Medical (must meet hours)
- Utilize services offered at CTL and the wellness center.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne is Tier 1 in U.S. News 2017 “America’s Best Colleges” National University rankings for the seventh straight year, and again made Forbes “America’s Top Colleges” rating (WASC Accredited).Posting NumberAF028PJob Open Date07/22/2020Job Close DateOpen Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
University of La Verne’s La Fetra College of Education invites applications for adjunct teaching opportunities. Our goal is to prepare professionals to successfully teach in a rapidly changing society and to make positive contributions to the leaning of K-12 students. Applicants with diverse backgrounds and urban experiences who can help us achieve these goals are encouraged to apply to any of our campuses:
Main Campus (Central La Verne)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Referred by University of La Verne Employee
- University of La Verne Website
- * Which courses are you interested in/able to teach? Be sure to include department name and course number.
(Open Ended Question)
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter with Teaching Philosophy
- Graduate School Transcripts
- Research Agenda
- Student Evaluations
- Samples of Published Research
- Peer-reviewed publication
- Course Syllabi