Executive Director of the Transportation Institute
Please send all nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest in confidence and electronically to:
Lintner Consultants, LLC
The University of Denver is searching for an Executive Director of the Transportation Institute (DTI). This position functions as the CEO of the Transportation Institute (DTI) and is responsible for the implementation of policies and programs set forth by the University and in consultation with the DTI Board of Directors. As such, the Executive Director participates in all DTI board meetings and is accountable to present the DTI strategy and agenda to the University and the DTI board, seek and incorporate feedback, and deliver and communicate on-going results and progress against DTI strategy and goals.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Dean of University College; it is a position that is selected jointly by the University (Dean of University College) and the DTI board and serves at the pleasure of the University (Dean of University College). This position works closely with the DTI Board Chair, the DTI Board President, and the DTI Board Executive Committee. This position provides general oversight, management, and financial and operational administration of DTI, an interdisciplinary academic unit within the college of professional and continuing studies, University College, in partnership with the transportation industry, which is represented by the fifty-member board with senior representatives from transportation and supply chain industry.
The Executive Director will engage in positive, productive, professional, and interpersonal relationships throughout the University, with the DTI Board, alumni, students, and with external constituencies. The role requires diplomacy to establish and maintain cohesive, productive relationships at the greater University, with corporate partners, and with the community. The successful candidate must be willing to be a part of and promote an inclusive team and work culture and demonstrate results-oriented leadership.
Depending on the background of the candidate, the opportunity for a one-year appointment as a faculty member, renewable annually, in the teaching professor series may be possible. Should faculty status be awarded, the individual will have teaching responsibilities in the program. With the faculty appointment the primary affiliation for employment status and benefits will be as a faculty, not staff, member.
Strategic Leadership of DTI
- Create and execute the DTI strategic plan with input and support from the DTI Board of Directors.
- Ensure the activities and endeavors of DTI are consistent with the mission and values of the Transportation Institute.
- Manage Institute financial performance to meet agreed upon budgetary expectations.
- Create a culture and environment at DTI that emulates what best in class companies in the Transportation Industry are achieving; high collaboration, high engagement with employees, and high intensity and commitment to positive results and achievement of goals.
Masters Program and other Educational Programs
- Recruit students and manage recruiting efforts for the DTI Executive Masters program.
- Oversee the DTI board scholarship program.
- Oversee successful delivery of all education programs; DTI Executive Masters program and other DTI educational programs as deemed appropriate, such as certificates and seminars.
- Work with the DTI faculty directors of supply chain and Executive Masters programs to ensure educational and academic content, program design, and program delivery is at the highest level of quality and will consistently meet the needs of the students and the industry and compare favorably with similar programs offered elsewhere.
- Work with the DTI faculty directors of supply chain program development and curriculum to recruit and evaluate faculty to ensure a high level of academic rigor required by the University.
- Oversee and coordinate external communications and marketing plans, including the management of external communication resources. Ensure proper branding, placement and effectiveness of external communications strategy in alignment with overall DTI strategic goals.