Adjunct Faculty-Computer Science
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-12-11
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty-Computer ScienceAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentComputer Science & Info SystemProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
The Department of Computer Science seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for part-time adjunct faculty appointments. The appointments are for one semester and renewable upon need. Positions are open until filled. This is a temporary Non Tenure Track position. The position is required to work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to Computer Science decipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Successful applicants will teach up to seven semester credit hours per semester within the required discipline at on campus or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand. Applicant must hold office hours and assist students as needed. Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity. Other duties as assigned.
- Education: A terminal degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is required to teach graduate courses. A minimum of a Master’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching in Computer Science. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
A Ph.D. in Computer Science or closely related field. Teaching experience at the college level. Experience with on-line delivery. Experience teaching Computer Science virtual laboratories.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
May supervise student workers and/or graduate students
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.