Assistant Director for Academic & Enterprise Systems (Manager 200)
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania’s Academic & Enterprise Systems team invites applicants for the position of Assistant Director for Academic & Enterprise Systems
Academic & Enterprise Systems (AES) is responsible for implementing and maintaining information systems, document management systems, CRMS and other enterprise applications for campus. The Assistant Director serves as the day-to-day point of contact for system health and maintenance, user inquiries, and developer assignments.
The Assistant Director provides leadership to the operations team responsible for responding to service requests from the campus community. Service requests encompass troubleshooting and resolving system issues, providing system access/security, developing and disseminating queries and other data reports, and managing continual process improvement and development. The Assistant Director will manage the operation team service tickets, assess criticality, assign work to developers, manage deliverables, and identify opportunities for continual process/system improvements.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director for Academic & Enterprise Systems and in collaboration with the AES leadership team, the Assistant Director is responsible for ensuring system development is timely, compliant with university standards, and future proof, offering operational and technological efficiencies.
The Assistant Director must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities at once, possess a high level of critical thinking and effectively negotiate the deployment of resources. This position requires extensive engagement with the campus community to communicate status of development work.
The Assistant Director should possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Individuals must possess a strong commitment to identifying and implementing continual improvements to processes, procedures and systems. This position requires an individual who can exercise sound judgment, think strategically, and work collaboratively with staff, faculty, and administrators. The candidate should also be detail oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to implement policy and work independently.
Applicants should clearly articulate the following professional experiences:
• Leading technology support teams such as IT help desks or other service units.
• Expertise is managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Expertise in gauging and tracking level of effort for technology development and deployment.
• Experience leading diverse teams through high volume and complex work.
• Experience contributing to implementation of new systems.
• Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of 5 years system utilization experience with increasing responsibilities;
• Candidate should demonstrate expertise in supporting the health and maintenance of information systems;
• Experience leading dynamic teams;
• Applicants should demonstrate their understanding and knowledge of computer technology specifically related to student information systems with a preference for PeopleSoft experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Preference will be given to individuals with higher education experience.
Salary range is $83,709- $95,666 annually. Excellent benefits package including undergraduate tuition fee waiver for self and dependents.
Candidates should apply online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wcupa
Electronic application allows for cover letter and resume (required). References with contact information will be required prior to interview.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants must successfully complete interview process to be considered as a finalist. The filling of this position is contingent upon available funding.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU’s educational mission and strategic Plan for Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks.