Open Rank Non Tenure Track in Art and Design
Posting DetailsVacancy TypeNon-Tenure-Track FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleOpen Rank Non Tenure Track in Art and DesignSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring RangeDependent upon course loadPosition Number12ADN05Work ScheduleVaries depending on course scheduleFull Time Equivalent (FTE)Varies depending on need .225 -1.0 FTEDepartment120501 - Art and DesignDepartmentArt and DesignJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Department of Art + Design is positioned within the College of Design at North Carolina State University, with allied academic departments of Graphic and Industrial Design, Landscape Architecture and the School of Architecture. The Department of Art + Design offers two undergraduate degrees programs and a Masters of Art and Design with concentrations in Animation/New Media and Fibers & Surface Design. Students and faculty in Art + Design seek opportunities and challenge the status quo through technological possibility, materiality, and look locally, nationally and globally for inspiration, application and impact.Essential Job Duties
The Department of Art + Design is accepting applications for part-time non-tenure-track faculty appointments for a one-semester or one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal. Rank to be determined based upon education and professional experience.
Specific teaching opportunities include art studios at all levels, including advanced comprehensive studios and/or special topic seminar courses.
Applications will be reviewed as these part-time non-tenure track teaching opportunities arise.Other Work/Responsibilities
Appointments may be available for Fall 2019 and/or 2019-2020 Academic Year, with the possibility of renewal.Minimum Education/Experience
Terminal Master’s degree in a field relevant to the specific area of instruction (i.e. Art, Design, other art-related course), or relevant masters degree with professional practice in that related field.Departmental Required Skills
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude in the areas specific to the courses to be taught.
- Demonstrated potential for directing activities specific to the courses to be taught.
- Ability and willingness to participate in departmental and University affairs.
- Demonstrated leadership in the professional field and community.
- Demonstrated professional or scholarly competency with a mix of traditional and leading-edge technologies and methods.
Experience in teaching at the college level is preferred.Required License or Certification
Applicants should attach a resume/CV, cover letter and contact information for three references to online application.
Portfolios must be made available upon request.Job Open Date06/25/2019Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire Date08/01/2019AA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have doctor's degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience?
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References