On-Call Customer Attendant Short Order Cook
Position DetailsPosting NumberU00074PPosition TitleOn-Call Customer Attendant Short Order CookDepartmentDining ServicesPosition StatusOn-CallPosition TypeTemporaryMonths per YearOtherWork hours
40 hours a week
nights, weekends and late weekend hours required
Prepare, cook, serve and clean work and dining areas and other duties as described below or as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned within classification.
1. Assist with setup, serving, and cleaning of any station as assigned
2. Take, prepare, and serve orders for patrons
3. Responsible for stir-frying, sautéing, baking pizza, breads, convenience baked goods, cookies, carving, slicing deli items; grilling and frying raw proteins as required for assigned station (e.g. hamburgers, chicken breast/fingers, pork chops etc.)
4. Heat items for daily specials. Items will be either prepared by a cook and ready to heat or will be convenience-type items such as, but not limited to, soups, chili, casserole-style dishes, etc. Use oven, steamer, char broiler, griddle, pasta maker, pasta cooker, or fryer as appropriate
5. Merchandise and ensure correct signage for assigned station
6. Greet guests, check ID’s and sell guest tickets as assigned; complete sales on POS system as appropriate
7. Stock display cases and reach-in refrigerators
8. Stock items for sale or service
9. Clean and fill beverage machines, beverage stations and insure that appropriate cups, glasses and utensils are available at all times of service
10. Responsible for dining room cleanliness and appearance, to include, but not limited to, tables; chairs in an orderly fashion; pick up napkins, papers, and any other large items off floor
11. Sort silverware and fill dispensers, maintaining supply of clean dishes at service points, fill salt and pepper shakers, fill napkin dispensers
12. If assigned to the dish room, duties may include scraping of dishes and utensils, operating conveyor, and the proper storage of all items
13. Clean refrigerators, freezers, and all equipment used
14. Cover, date, and label all food items to be stored
15. Assist in food production in any area of Dining Services as assigned within classification
16. Assist in special events/catering events as assigned
17. Set up infirmary orders and assist in delivery
18. Responsible for cleanliness and organization of items stored in buffets/closets and in central receiving
19. Take care of washing and drying all laundry and store in proper places when assigned
20. Sell alcoholic beverages in compliance with NYS Liquor Authority and Skidmore College regulations
21. Frequently check and record temperatures of food throughout the day in accordance with Dining Services policies and New York State Board of Health Policies
22. Clean carts, bleach dishes, trays, glasses, burnish silver, polish silver, and other special event items
23. Test new recipes when requested
24. Ensure all food is prepared, served and stored in accordance with NYS Health Codes
25. Confer with supervisor as to extra duties in food preparation and cleaning in assigned area
26. Scrub chairs, tables, and all equipment weekly
27. Maintain a demonstrated interest in learning new ideas
28. Ability to speak and listen effectively and respectfully with supervisors, customers, and employees of the College
29. Maintain an appropriate image and dress
30. Establish and maintain a high level of customer service
High School diploma or GED and six months previous work related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination. Valid Drivers License.Preferred QualificationsPhysical Demands (For Union Positions Only)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, or those who are not physically able, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach/lift with hands and arms; push/pull; climb or balance; stoop, crouch; talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds with appropriate equipment and assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online application and attach the following required document: list of three references to include name, title, company, email address and telephone number of three professional references. Also, may attach optional documents of cover letter and resume.
If you encounter difficulty attaching any one of the required documents, please contact Human Resources at: [email protected] or 518 580.5800Posting DateOpen Until FilledYesClosing DateQuicklink for Postinghttp://careers.skidmore.edu/postings/4127Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first learn about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Inside Higher Education
- New York State Department of Labor
- Saratoga Chamber of Commerce
- Scholarly Hires
- Skidmore Website
- Times Union
- Career Fair
- Invited by Department to Apply
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by Skidmore Employee
- * Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- * Are you available to work weekends?
- Are you available to work until 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday?
- * Are you available to work until 12:00 a.m. throughout the week?
- List of Three References
- Cover Letter