Adjunct Faculty-Literature & Languages
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-07-15
Job TitleAdjunct Faculty-Literature & LanguagesAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentLiterature & LanguagesProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Literature & Languages is seeking part-time Adjunct Faculty to teach up to six semester credit hours in the Department of Literature & Languages either on campus or online.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Successful applicants will teach up to six semester credit hours within the required discipline at on or off-campus sites as dictated by student demand, hold office hours and assist students as campus needed.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Master's Degree in Discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in the subject area is required.
- Position requires the ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: Other duties as assigned
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- The degree must be in hand at the time of hiring.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.