Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
Title: Adjunct Faculty - Nursing
Job no: 492496
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Salary: Current per credit hour minimum
Job Summary: Adjunct faculty are part-time (classroom, on-line or clinical) faculty hired to teach on a semester basis. Nursing programs at Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York Campuses.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. (Within 2 years must be showing progression in a Master's degree program.)
Licensing Requirements: PA RN licensure.
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
- Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
- Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
- Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: Current per credit hour minimum
Preferred Qualifications: Recent clinical experience. Ability to use computer based charting systems, patient monitoring systems, experience with Zoom conferencing and basic Microsoft Office. Ability to work flexible hours (day, evening and weekend).
Job Specific Task List:
Provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned classes. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.
Adjunct faculty must develop instructional methods for their assigned course(s). The instructional methods must pertain to the course(s) learning outcomes and course catalog description.
Job Type: Part-Time Credit Hour (Adjunct)
If part time, hours per week: Varies
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
Advertised: Jul 15, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.