Lifelong Learning Course Instructors
Department:: Center for Workforce Development
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: Jul 14, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Part Time
Position ID:: 123445
About Roxbury Community College:
About Roxbury Community College
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifelong Learning Mission:
The mission of Lifelong Learning is to meet the interests of the community and provide high-quality, affordable, and diverse learning opportunities for learners of all ages and backgrounds. We believe learning never ends, whether you're 7 or 87. We offer short-term, non-credit courses with various schedule options for our students' convenience.
- Children's Programming
- Computers & Technology
- Creative Crafts
- Financial Literacy
- Health and Wellness
- Languages & Communication
- Physical Fitness
- Seniors' Programming (for the Young at Heart)
Are you interested in teaching something that is not listed? Submit your idea for a proposed course to us and we will be happy to consider it. Please email course ideas and questions to [email protected]
Instructors shall be responsible for: providing effective and high-quality instruction; helping students master course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining current knowledge in their teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics; assisting with curriculum development and program review.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work assigned schedule reliably and punctually
- Assess student performance in achieving course goals and objectives
- Keep accurate records in accordance with the Roxbury Community College policies
- Maintain open lines of communication with the Center for Workforce Development staff
- Collaborate with the Center for Workforce Development staff to continually improve course
- Maintain updated course description, course outline, and syllabus as appropriate
Instructors shall have:
- Appropriate knowledge, experience and skill, in the course subject
- License, and/or professional credentials where applicable,
- Ability to lead and conduct classroom courses and/or workshops
- Ability to employ a variety of teaching methods to engage all students
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passionate about course content
- Prior teaching experience in course subject
- Experience working with students from diverse social, cultural, and economic backgrounds who possess wide ranges of academic abilities and interests.
- Prior teaching experience at a community college.
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
- Familiarity with and ability to operate or oversee the operation of audio-visual equipment, including overhead projectors, sound systems, video, television, interactive video, and audio equipment including computer controlled mixed media presentations.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Application Deadline: Applicants accepted on a rolling basis, as needed
Expected Start Date: Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021
Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
To apply please submit:
- Cover letter describing your course proposal
- Course outline
- References upon request