Postdoctoral Research Associate – Hydrodynamic Modeling
Position InformationPresent Position NumberF0111VRole TitlePostdoctoral Research AssociatePosition TitlePostdoctoral Research Associate – Hydrodynamic ModelingPosition Summary
The Postdoctoral Research Associate – Hydrodynamic Modeling/Senior Computational Scientist will conduct basic and applied research on the development and application of numeric models to coastal hydrodynamics, geomorphological and ecological processes. Research activities will contribute to development and implementation of the next generation seamless ‘creek-to-ocean’ forecasts based on the SCHISM modeling system.Required Qualifications
At the time of appointment, a PhD in an environmental science-related field (e.g. marine science) or a PhD in a computational-related field (e.g. physics, engineering, computer science, applied mathematics) coupled with experience in environmental applications.
- Broad knowledge of coastal and estuarine systems.
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in numeric model development and scientific programming (particularly in parallel programming)
- Demonstrated skills and experience in numeric modeling using unstructured grids.
- Demonstrated experience in ocean/estuarine models, particularly with unstructured grids.
- Experience with the SCHISM model and applications to estuarine and coastal systems
Application materials for the position should include:
1) a cover letter identifying timeline for PhD completion and/or availability for this position
2) a full curriculum vitae
3) the names, addresses (including titles and institutions), email addresses, and telephone numbers of three references.
Application materials should be addressed to: Dr. Y. Joseph Zhang, Search Committee Chair.
For full consideration, application materials are due August 31, 2020; however, applications received after this date will be reviewed if necessary.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc