Associate Director for Employer Connections
Position: Associate Director for Employer Connections Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 528 # of Openings: 1 ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR FOR EMPLOYER CONNECTIONS
CENTER FOR VOCATION AND CAREER
Position PurposeThe Wheaton College Center for Vocation and Career is seeking a goal-oriented, data-driven leader for their employer connections position. This role will develop a strategy for connecting Wheaton’s exceptional students with opportunities in industries and organizations where liberal arts graduates can thrive in internships and post-graduate employment. Reporting to the director, the associate director for employer connections will be a key member of the leadership team of the Center for Vocation and Career and will support the overall strategy of the CVC team and will supervise the Employer Relations Manager. GOAL-ORIENTED LEADER: Create and achieve strategic employer engagement goals
- Lead the development and execution of a strategic approach to employer engagement, that will include an increase in student and employer interaction
- Participate as a member of the leadership team of the CVC to develop and implement strategies that will enable the CVC to reach their strategic goals.
- With the Director, create and implement a strategy for all students to engage in an internship, which could include research experiences and student-teaching among others.
- Grow connections with specific industries, geographies, employers, and alumni based on data on students’ industry and geographic interests and market trends.
- In collaboration with AD for Career Education, identify skills employers are seeking and ensure students have opportunities to develop them.
- Create opportunities for employers to engage with others on campus.
- Develop strategies for pursuing connections based on alumni contacts and other relationships through the Wheaton community
- Maintain active role in professional associations to remain current with employer/college trends and establish/maintain relationships with recruiters
- Develop diverse and inclusive marketing and promotional strategy to communicate regularly with students, faculty, staff, and CVC team about employer-related activities.
- Develop parent education programming related to career and vocation.
- Create educational programs and communication plan for employers.
- Represent the CVC and the College in speaking at events as requested.
- Collaborate with Employer Relations Manager to create employer experiences that are engaging and productive for students.
- Externally-focused professional who thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere
- High degree of personal responsibility and commitment to continuous improvement, both personally and for the team, including direct report
- Commitment to strategic planning, goal setting, visioning, implementation, use of technology to promote efficiency, and measurement of progress
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment and experience managing projects and personnel
- Exceptional writing skills required
- Team player with solid interpersonal skills
- Adaptability in a dynamic and growing environment
- Knowledge of industries, job functions/roles, corporate cultures
- Bachelor’s degree required (liberal arts preferred)
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10 years of professional experience required
- Willingness to travel when necessary
- A life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Faith and Community Covenant of Wheaton College