Adult Education Full-Time Instructor/Transition Coach
Adult Education Full-Time Instructor/Transition Coach
Northeast State Community College is an open‐access, public, comprehensive community college that advances lifelong learning and strengthens the economic and social/cultural aspects of the community. To facilitate teaching, learning, service, and student success, the College provides innovative, high‐quality, and relevant associate, certificate, and career‐focused educational programs and services. We’re nestled in the beautiful Northeast region of Tennessee, in the middle of the Tri-Cities. We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, pharmacy, life insurance, EAP services, flexible spending accounts, short-term disability, long-term disability, retirement, 401k, paid holidays, annual/personal leave, sick leave, educational assistance programs, and so much more!
Respect - We value respect and provide an environment of inclusiveness, cooperation, and diversity.Responsibility - We value responsibility and promote integrity, accountability, and excellence in teaching, learning, and services.We are currently seeking a talented individual to join the Northeast State Community College team as an Adult Education Instructor & Transition Coach.Responsiveness - We value responsiveness and facilitate personal, professional, and economic growth.Position SummaryThe Adult Education Full-Time Instructor/Transition Coach provides instruction in Adult Education for the six educational functioning levels to students with varying academic levels. The Instructor/Transition Coach will assist with the development and implementation of the Career Pathways Action Plan, using input from business and industry partners.
Requirements of the Position
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution1 year of teaching experience in K-12, postsecondary, or adult education programs1 year of leadership experience in business or industry Technology Skills with a command of Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Google Docs, and the ability to learn new computer programs for data management and scheduling.Well-developed written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare and deliver professional reports and presentationsDemonstrated organizational, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Experience teaching Adult Education coursesTN Teacher's License Knowledge of Jobs4TN systemDemonstrated experience grading and interpreting TABE/OPT scoresDocumented contributions to local or state Adult Education activities
- Travel to satellite class locations may be necessaryWork week will include a split schedule including up to two evenings per week
Specific Role and Responsibilities
- Plan, teach, and evaluate student workRemain current with all curriculum changes/additions as set forth by the Tennessee Division of Adult Education (DAE)Implement and monitor classroom instructional activities to ensure a climate where students are actively engaged in a meaningful learning experienceAssist in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement using the current curriculum developed by the DAE; provide training for these changesConduct and/or oversee Adult Education Orientation and Assessment using TABE and HiSET Official Practice Tests Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, staff, and communityAchieve performance goals in assigned courses and assist in meeting program-wide goals set by the Office of Career, Technical and Adult Education (OCTAE) and the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development Adult Education Division
- Develop, pilot, and scale Integrated Education and Training (IET) programs throughout the 8-county service areaPartner with local industry to develop IET ProgramsAssist the District Coordinator to develop a Career Pathways Action Plan and subsequently support implementation of the plan Monitor teacher and staff record keeping, ensuring that effective and efficient procedures are maintained through the Jobs4TN database
- Comply with local, state, and federal guidelines and lawsComply with Northeast State Community College and Tennessee Board of Regents policies, procedures, and guidelinesComply with SACSCOC (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges) standards and guidelinesPromote and maintain College and TBR Mission, Vision, and Values Promote and comply with Northeast State Community College SAFE Campus programsMaintain digital calendar and archive annually on June 30. Provide supervisor with access to calendar and an archived copy of calendar for annual performance reviewSeek efficiencies and continuous improvement in both position and personal growthLead/promote College and TBR initiatives as they relate to this officeIn all duties assigned, show a commitment to quality, customer service, and Northeast State Community College: to include students, College employees, and the community served by Northeast State. Be an active and contributing part of the Northeast State TeamFollow professional code of conduct and ethics; maintain professional dress in compliance with expectations of the positionComplete other duties and assignments as directed by the supervisor, Vice President, or President Utilize effective people skills in working with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusive excellence
This position is grant-funded. Continued employment is contingent upon grant funding.
Compensation: $45,500 annual salary
Contract Type: Full-Time Regular, Grant-Funded (TNDLWD Adult Education Grant)
Location of Position: Northeast State at Johnson City,
101 E. Market Street
Johnson City, Tennessee, 37604
Open Until Filled: No
Application Deadline: July 29, 2020, 6:00 PM Eastern Time
Required Documents: To be considered for a position with Northeast State, the following documents are required: cover letter, resume/vitae, and unofficial transcripts. You will also be required to provide the contact information for a minimum of three (3) professional references.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Northeast State, you must create an online application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience.
Requisition Number: req4452
Northeast State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age, status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Linda W. Calvert
Vice President for Administration & Grant Development
P. O. Box 246
Blountville, TN 37617-0246
The Northeast State Community College policy on nondiscrimination can be found at https://apps.northeaststate.edu/ie/policymanual/pol.asp?p=254.