Federal Work Study - Office of Athletics
Position Title:Federal Work Study - Office of Athletics Job Category:Student Department:Federal Work Study Program - 7510180 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The office of Athletics is currently seeking bright students with the ability to work in a variety of environments (including office setting with coaches, players and media personnel), detailed sports knowledge, capacity to multitask and perform a variety of duties on a daily basis, flexible schedule to work sporting events which could include nights and weekends. Also will be asked to assist in related game-day duties as assigned (including promotional and marketing events). Occasional short-distance travel may be required. Must be able to lift and move objects up to 25lbs.
- Assist in game day duties – ticketing, setup, take down, etc.
- Work with Grizzly Digital Network - broadcasting of live events, video editing, filming.
- Marketing home events to students and community.
- Assist sports information with stat taking, game clock, scoreboard, PA announcing, etc.
- Other duties that improve the GGC Athletics experience.
- Must have Federal Work Study award.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion in performing confidential personnel matters.
- Ability to be highly organized, attentive to details, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Photoshop & InDesign, DaksSTAts or Stat Crew statistical programs.
- Experience with Netitor or other Web content management system.
- Must know how to officially score baseball/softball games or can be easily taught based on previous experiences.
- Must have willingness to learn new skills and bring a positive attitude to work each day, operating in a professional manner representative of Grizzly Athletics.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt