Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Job Description SummarySaint Leo University is currently seeking qualified candidates in the Saint Leo, Florida area to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment-based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted term-by-term based on course/section need and availability. Saint Leo University reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment.
Applications are processed upon the receipt of all official transcripts while the posting is active.
In addition to your curriculum vitae/resume, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
· Cover Letter
· Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
Three (3) Names of References – Please list three names of recent professional references, including at least one recent supervisor. Be sure to include reference name, email and phone numbers. Transcripts Official transcripts are required for all adjuncts.
All official transcripts must be requested from the universities and/or colleagues attended and/or certified transcript evaluations/translations from World Education Services (WES) to be sent to the attention of Veronica Mantegna by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hardcopy to the following address:
ATTN: VERONICA MANTEGNA
ACADEMIC AFFAIRS – MC 2006
SAINT LEO UNIVERSITY
PO BOX 6665
SAINT LEO, FLORIDA 33574
Instructors will be responsible for teaching within the Social Work discipline:
- SWK-540: Social Work Research MethodsSWK-520: Social Welfare PolicySWK-510: Human Behavior in the Social Environment ISWK-530: Human Behavior in the Social Environment I
A Masters of Social Work with three plus years post-graduate experience with at least 18 graduate semester credit-hours in the discipline from a regionally accredited institution. *** Doctorate preferred ***
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period