Assistant Professor, Nursing (Psychiatric-Mental Health)
Posting DetailsJob TitleAssistant Professor, Nursing (Psychiatric-Mental Health)Job Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 15, 2020. Second consideration may be given to applications received by January 15, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (January 15, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
The College of Nursing is searching for an Assistant Professor, tenure track position to begin Fall 2021.
The College of Nursing has over 800 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students in MS, DNP and PhD programs. The College of Nursing includes the Kingston campus (undergraduate program) and the additional location of the Rhode Island Nursing Education Center (NEC) in Providence (graduate program and upper division undergraduate course work). Both locations provide opportunities for clinical skills and simulation learning as well as interdisciplinary research and collaborations. The College of Nursing is one of three Colleges comprising the URI Academic Health Collaborative.
The College of Nursing (CON) is committed to scientific inquiry, knowledge development, and excellence in teaching. We are building a faculty with a strong record of successful laboratory and/or clinical research that supports our mission to prepare outstanding and compassionate nurses to excel as clinicians, scholars, and leaders who will enhance the health care of individuals, families, communities, and populations both locally and globally. The successful candidate will have an appointment to the College of Nursing with opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration across the campus and within the URI Academic Health Collaborative which includes the Colleges of Health Science, Nursing, and Pharmacy as well as external partners. The candidate will be expected to establish a program of research in an area that complements the college’s mission and is supported by extramural funding. The successful candidate will also contribute to the University’s teaching mission and participate in service activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Establish and maintain a robust program of research germane to nursing and health that is supported by extramural funding.
Maintain a high level of scholarly activity as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and presentations at national and international meetings.
Contribute to the graduate and undergraduate teaching missions of the University by mentoring graduate students and teaching graduate and undergraduate courses for the college.
Serve on college and University committees.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
1. PhD degree at time of appointment (Fall 2021.)
2. Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity commensurate with experience.
3. Evidence of eligibility for appointment as Assistant Professor (as showcased in your CV-potential for/actual scholarship and teaching effectiveness).
4. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated excellence in writing skills.
6. Clinical expertise in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
7. APRN with PMHNP national certification.
8. Eligible for RN/APRN licensure in Rhode Island.
9. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Postdoctoral training in an area related to program of research germane to nursing and health.
2. Demonstrated experience in classroom and/or clinical teaching.
3. Evidence of successful research collaborations.
4. Demonstrated ability to write competitive applications for extramural funding.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.UnionAAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentEnd Date of Restriction or LimitationDepartmentNursing InstructionContact(s)Contact EmailCampus LocationNursing Education Center (NEC) ProvidenceGrant FundedNoExtension Contingent on Funding DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Please attach the following 2 (PDF) documents to your Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
PLEASE NOTE: Letters of reference upon request only.Position Number1016106Posting NumberF00206Posting Date07/10/2020Closing DateOpen Until FilledYesQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.uri.edu/postings/7308Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have or will you have a PhD degree at time of appointment (Fall 2021)?
- * Do you have demonstrated record of scholarly productivity commensurate with experience?
- * Do you have evidence of eligibility for appointment as Assistant Professor (as showcased in your CV-potential for/actual scholarship and teaching effectiveness)?
- * Do you have demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills?
- * Do you have demonstrated excellence in writing skills?
- * Do you have clinical expertise in psychiatric-mental health nursing?
- * Do you have APRN with PMHNP national certification?
- * Are you eligible for RN/APRN licensure in Rhode Island?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral