College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - Department o...
The Department of Landscape Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks applicants to fill one or more Specialized Faculty positions. These positions are non-tenure track and will be between zero and 100% time, depending on needs of the Department.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and graduate-level courses for the Department in one or more instructional fields (on-campus or online), mentoring or overseeing Graduate Teaching Assistants as needed, and meeting with instructors of other sections when appropriate.
- Adjunct Instructor/Instructor: Master's degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught. Lesser degrees will be considered if accompanied by significant professional experience.
- Adjunct Lecturer/Lecturer: Terminal degree in a field related to the course(s) to be taught.
Preferred Qualifications (All Ranks):
- Three years of combined teaching and professional experience in a field relevant to the intended field of instruction. Merit-based exceptions to this qualification will be considered.
Higher specialized faculty (non-tenure track) teaching or clinical professorial ranks will be considered, if departmental needs warrant, for applicants that significantly exceed these minimum and preferred qualifications.
Proposed Starting Date: August 16, 2020; or January 1, 2021.
Salary: Commensurate with rank and experience.
To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu, and upload the following:
- A letter of application which addresses your interest in serving as Specialized Faculty, an indication of the course(s) or subject(s) for which you would like to be considered, and the semester(s) in which you would be available to teach.
- A current CV.
- A list of three professional references, including name, address, email, and phone number. These references should be able to speak to your teaching and professional experience and expertise.
- Optional: You may also submit supporting graphic or written material appropriate to the field(s) of instruction for which you wish to be considered, as well as evaluations from previous teaching experience.
For full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by July 24, 2020 for Fall 2020, and October 1, 2020 for Spring 2021. Interviews may take place and offers may be made before the closing date, but all applications received by the closing date will receive full consideration for an open position. For further information regarding the position, please contact Conor O'Shea at [email protected]. For information on application procedures, please contact Margo Kiener at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Fine + Applied Arts Category:1-Faculty Title:College of Fine + Applied Arts: Non-Tenure Track (Open Rank) Specialized Faculty - Department of Landscape Architecture (134001) Open Date:07/09/2020 Organization Name:Landscape Architecture