Program Director - Center for Teaching & Faculty Development (Title III Funded)
Posting DetailsClassification TitlePosition CategoryWorking TitleProgram Director - Center for Teaching & Faculty Development (Title III Funded)Job Summary
Savannah State University seeks qualified applicants for Program Director, Center for Teaching & Faculty Development. Reporting to the Associate Provost/Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs (AP/AVPAA), this position coordinates, facilitates, monitors and evaluates professional development opportunities for SSU faculty. Additionally, the Program Director oversees the daily activities of the Center, provides assistance to the AP/AVPAA, oversees unit communications and verifies the integrity of activity record-keeping and data collection. Further, the Program Director is responsible for program/event planning, organizing paperwork processes such as procurement, faculty development travel, supervision of staff and other administrative tasks as assigned.
Other duties include:
- Provide training and orientation on an array of topics to support faculty success such as curricular development for learning support of first generation students and online instruction delivery.
- Promote and advertise professional development opportunities from other campus offices related to online learning, University System of Georgia (USG) initiatives and other national organizations.
- Facilitate faculty communication concerning best practices to cultivate student learning.
- Coordinate annually a faculty learning community for all new faculty.
- Develop, design and implement a faculty leadership academy.
- Collaborate with the University’s Director of Online Learning/Instructional Designer to provide meaningful course interactions to increase online learning, student success and retention.
- Arrange training and consultancy on teaching skills, new learning models, innovative course syllabi, high impact practices in the classroom and curriculum design.
- Create professional development opportunities to enhance student learning.
- Provide assistance to faculty for the improvement of teaching.
- Coordinate the creation of campus learning communities for existing faculty.
- Conduct short-term and long-range strategic planning, assessment and evaluation for the Center to ensure alignment with the University’s strategic plan.
The successful candidate may be directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education or related area.
- At least five (5) years experience in higher education.
- Prior teaching and administrative experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current pedagogical practices and evidence of research and or experience in the area.
- Ability to work with diverse faculty and stakeholders.
- Must possess an awareness of trends in educational delivery methods and the ability to assist faculty with integrating best practices in instructional technology.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to details, deadlines and making decisions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The strong candidate must understand and support the academic mission of SSU.
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online: https://jobs.savannahstate.edu. Submit cover letter, current resume, transcript(s) and three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin upon receipt. For best consideration, apply by July 22, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Master's degree in Education or a related field?
- * Do you have a doctorate degree from an accredited institution?
- * Do you have at least five (5) years of work experience in higher education?
- * Do you have prior teaching and administrative experience?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2