Registrar Systems Analyst/Programmer
Date: July 7, 2020
Title: Registrar Systems Analyst/Programmer
Description: Responsible for high-level analysis and support for the systems administered by the Office of the Registrar. At the core of the position is support for the business operations within the student information system (Ellucian Colleague) for the department, including participation in system development projects, user security management, process scheduling, system integrations, testing, documentation and training, and data integrity and access. This position serves as a link to offices across campus, including Information Technology, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Admissions, Advising, Institutional Research, and academic units, as it works to support, streamline, and improve business processes and the use of student information within the Office of the Registrar and across campus through the utilization of system technologies. This position reports to the College Registrar.
- Support business operations within the student information system for the Office of the Registrar, including
- Collaboration on business process improvement with key stakeholders inside and outside of the department.
- Serve as a student information system resource for staff and departments across campus, maintaining an expert knowledge of system functionality and the inter-relationship of system modules. Troubleshoot system issues independently and with technical leads in IT, designing short- and long-term solutions while maintaining regular communication with end users on the progress of fixes and enhancements.
- Assist in the design and execution of processes related to security, access, testing, documentation, and training for department functions in the student information system.
- Assist in the management of student information system batch processes that are executed by the department.
- Routinely engage stakeholders inside and outside the department in the development and implementation of the process schedule to ensure accuracy and shared understanding.
- Contribute to student information system development projects within the department, including prioritization, and serve asthe point person for select projects by defining project requirements, engaging with technical staff on project design, ensuring a plan for testing and maintaining modifications, and regularly communicating with stakeholders on the status of the project.
- Assist in the management of student information system integrations with third party systems administered by the department, including contributing to the evaluation and use of those third party systems.
- Support and engage in high-level and complex student information system setup and processing related to functions handled within the Office of the Registrar, including communication generation, account creation, academic structure maintenance, records-related processes, enrollment-related processes, graduation-related processes, and degree progress programming.
- Contribute to the strategic use of student information across campus. Serve as a department lead for data integrity and reporting, including contributing toward the development, definition, and use of a campus data warehouse for campus wide reporting.
- Represent the Office of the Registrar on committees to enhance the professional presence and collaboration of the Office of the Registrar among other college units and offices, and actively engage in relevant national organizations.
- Back-up fellow staff in the Office of the Registrar, as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- As a representative of the College, must comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus.
- Comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulations.
- Participate on assigned committees such as the Care Group and major campus events including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement Weekend.
Qualifications: Minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least three years of progressively responsible experience in a Registrar’s Office or similar administrative office in a higher education setting.
- Excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling of sensitive issues.
- Ability to anticipate program and staff needs, take initiative and be a pro-active team member.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and not be hindered by frequent interruptions.
- Ability to respond and interact with diverse populations.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and the maintenance of confidentiality when accessing privileged information.
- Dependable, trustworthy and a self-starter with a strong work ethic and professional connections.
- Exhibit a professional style that is compatible with Hartwick’s and the Office of the Registrar’s mission.
- Knowledge of FERPA.
- Above average ability on a PC and in Microsoft software/applications.
- Experience with a student information system.
To apply for the Registrar Systems Analyst/Programmer position, please click here. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
- A cover letter;
- A resume;
- A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); and
- The names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Applications may also be mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Hartwick College, P.O. Box 4020, Oneonta, NY 13820 or faxed to 607-431-4329. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.