Technician, Financial Aid
Title: Technician, Financial Aid
Job no: 492467
Salary: $27,679 - $34,599
Job Summary: This position presents a high-quality first impression of the College by providing a welcoming, supportive, and encouraging atmosphere for each individual seeking assistance from the campus Financial Aid department. This position directly supports student efforts to successfully transition to the College and reach their academic goals, providing financial aid guidance to applicants and students who need additional support to navigate complex financial aid situations.
This position will be remote through May 2021. The position will report to Lancaster/Lebanon campus upon return to our physical campus space. This is subject to change.
H.S. Diploma and 2 years of related experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Hiring Range: $27679 - $34599
Job Specific Task List:
- Ensures a high-quality first impression of the college by providing a welcoming, supportive, and encouraging atmosphere that is representative of a quality HACC education for each individual seeking assistance in the Financial Aid Office. - (Essential)
- Applies proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, document processing/editing, and excellent interpersonal skills to organize and prioritize work and effectively respond to a variety of in-person, phone or email inquiries pertaining to financial aid; identifies issues for resolution and refers to the appropriate staff member; schedules appointments when face to face consultation is necessary and contacts student with the outcome of inquiry when appropriate; assists students to secure financial aid; advise students on aid applications, planning, resources, money management and available sources of aid. - (Essential)
- Collects organizes and processes incoming confidential documents including verification forms, tax returns, and W2 statements from students and parents; reviews forms to verify accuracy and completeness; utilizes the proper method of communication to request missing information. - (Essential)
- Reviews, scans/indexes, and enters data of incoming financial aid paperwork received from students; guides students through a satisfactory academic progress application process; assists students with dropping/adding/failing/taking incompletes as it relates to student accounts and financial aid. - (Essential)
- Completes all third-party paperwork including but not limited to OVR, Housing Authority, Childcare Information Services (CCIS), and KEYS. - (Essential)
- Resolves bad contact information such as addresses and phone numbers; responds to outside requests from servicers for updated contact information on our students; handles sensitive information in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations. - (Essential)
- Maintains current knowledge of financial aid department policies, processes, and procedures; may require travel for meetings, conferences, or between locations; must be available to work flexible hours including nights and weekends according to campus operating requirements. - (Essential)
- Performs other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
Advertised: Nov 13, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 04, 2020 Eastern Standard Time
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity, and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open, and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.