Adjunct Assistant Professor - Department of Educational Leadership
Position InformationPosition Title:Adjunct Assistant Professor - Department of Educational LeadershipPosition Number:002801Full-time or Part-time:Full TimeDepartment:Educational LeadershipPosting Number:0401225SHRA/EHRA:EHRA (Faculty)Job Category:ProfessionalHiring Range:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMinimum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceMaximum salary:Commensurate with Education and ExperienceOverall Position Competency:Flat RateDescription of primary duties and responsibilities:
The Department of Educational Leadership and School Administration at Fayetteville State University is one of three academic units within the School of Education. The department prepares transformative leaders who will create a new educational paradigm and who are committed to Ethical and Moral Responsibility; Civic Engagement and Social Justice; Multicultural and Global Issues; Transformative Research and Visionary Leadership; and Empowering Partnerships. The department offers two programs, the Masters of School Administration and the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (P-12 and Higher Education Concentrations).Description of Work Continued:
The Department of Educational Leadership seeks applications for the position of full-time adjunct faculty. The successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to excellence, innovation, collegiality, transformational leadership, diversity, positive work ethic, and social justice. The selected candidate will:
•Teach a wide variety of master and doctoral level courses;
• Effectively serve as dissertation editor and writing coach to doctoral candidates
•Advise, mentor, and supervise graduate students;
•Effectively serve on dissertation committees;
•Engage in collaborative research with students and faculty;
•Serve on accreditation committees
•Fulfill other assignments as necessary
•An earned doctoral degree in Educational Leadership, Administration, Higher/Adult /K-12 Education or acceptable equivalent from an accredited institution
•Higher education teaching and service experience at an accredited university with a record of excellent teaching, advising, and service
•Leadership experience in K-12 school system or higher education
•Research presentation or publication record with eligibility for graduate faculty status
•Experience mentoring or supervising interns or related work
•Strong technological skills, communication, and organizational skills
• A proven and recent track record of high-quality dissertation editing and reviews
• Priority will be given to candidates with expertise in instructional leadership, dissertation supervision, dissertation editing and coaching, school leadership, school law, school turnaround and social justice theory.
• Knowledge of the CAEP accreditation process is also preferred.
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.EEO Statement:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess an earned doctoral degree in Educational Leadership, Administration, Higher/Adult/K-12 Education or acceptable equivalent from an accredited institution?
- * Do you possess higher education teaching and service experience at an accredited university with a record of excellent teaching, advising, and service?
- * Please describe your experience in high-quality dissertation editing and reviews, as well as mentoring those who are completing a dissertation.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Other Documents Continued
- Other Documents Continued.